Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lilly Pulitzer
King of Prussia, PA - Home Office
The product strategy of Lilly Pulitzer® is to create innovative designs that delight our customers, have high retail sell through and contribute to the profitable growth of the company.
The Patternmaker is responsible for supporting the patternmaking efforts to achieve desired fit within the technical design department. The Patternmaker is accountable for supporting the Senior Patternmaker in all aspects of product by developing patterns, grading, sewing, measuring and understanding construction. They must have the ability to evaluate specification according to the fabric, silhouette and proportion to help determine the proper fit of garments. They must understand all aspects of technical design in order to succeed in the execution of high quality, well fitting apparel.
The Patternmaker is responsible to establish patterns, grading, review mini markers and production samples to meet the objectives of technical design.
They are accountable for the Masterpiece Engineered Print layouts and all pertinent information such as; fabric width, sizing, screen and color limits. The Patternmaker will assist in the pattern block development project by creating PLM pages and drawing front and back sketches for each block using illustrator. The Patternmaker will maintain the gerber system and keep order in the Technical Design Sample room.
The Patternmaker has the responsibility to collaborate effectively with his/her manager and other cross-functional partners. These include Fashion Design, Print Design, Product Development, Production, Fabric/Trim and Quality Assurance. As part of the overall duties, there are five major areas of responsibility:
1. Understand the Lilly Pulitzerâ customer, lifestyle, positioning in the marketplace and product strategy;
2. Collaborate with technical design to understand the desired styling and fit intent of each garment, from proto stage thru production.
3. Operate within calendar.
4. Work closely with Senior Patternmaker with pattern development, grading, measuring and ensure the fit and sizing of the product is consistent with Lilly Pulitizer® standards.
5. Collaborate effectively with colleagues, fit with the Company Creed, Core values and Core Leadership Qualities.
The five major areas are discussed below.
Understand the Lilly Pulitzerâ customer, lifestyle, positioning in the marketplace and product strategy.
à Lilly Pulitzer® is a lifestyle branded marketing company in the apparel, accessories and footwear business, serving the needs of the affluent customer at ease. The company’s brand positioning is Lilly’s Resort Chic. Key competitive advantages for Lilly Pulitzer® are print, authentic resort, optimism and multi-generational.
à Know and appreciate the Lilly Pulitzerâ customer. The customer is multi-generational. This affects fit and technical design.
à The product strategy is to create innovative designs that delight our customer, have high retail sell through and contribute to the profitable growth of the company.
à Spend sufficient time in company operated retail stores to try on merchandise and to talk to the Store Manager or sales staff regarding customer feedback on merchandise.
Collobrates with Technical Design to understand the desired styling and fit intent of each garment, from proto stage thru production.
à Work closely with Technical Design to understand the desired styling and fit intent of each silhouette and develop tech packs to achieve this intent.
à Work closely with Technical Design and Fashion Design to develop a library of established fit blocks.
à Maintain block process library.
à The ability to drape and create initial patterns of proto samples and participate in fit sessions to review and analyze muslin samples and implement updates.
à Work with Technical Design and Fashion Design to determine if the new silhouette can be based upon an existing fit block. Do this before starting from zero and developing a new fit block.
à Ability to import, export and digitize patterns using the Gerber Software
Operate within calendar.
à Meet all assigned dates in the Product Development Calendar.
Work closely with The Senior Patternmaker with pattern development, grading, measuring and ensure the fit and sizing of the product is consistent with Lilly Pulitzer ® standards.
à Update quarterly the Techincal Design chapter in the Vendor guidelines. The Patternmaker will work closely with the technical design team to ensure all information is up to date and current.
à Prepare mini-markers under the supervision of the Senior Patternmaker.
à The Patternmaker should have the ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of colleagues, Fashion Design as well as Print design, Product development, Production and Quality Assurance.
Collaborate effectively with colleagues, fit with The Company Creed, Core Values and Core Leadership Qualities.
à The Patternmaker has responsibility to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
à Fit with The Company Creed, the Core Values and the Core Leadership Qualities.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- The Patternmaker must have skills in, garment construction, pattern making and size grade rules. Advanced skills in sewing and draping.
- Understanding of garment specifications is required.
- Meticulous with details and driven by the patternmaking aspect of the design process.
- A good understanding of the fit process
- Partners with vendors to resolve issues and product enhancement details
- Evaluate samples to ensure they meet construction, grading, tolerances and safety standards.
- Strong orginziontal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with overseas offices.
- The Patternmaker must have proficiency and comfort in the use of technology to support Technical Design. This includes primarily the Gerber® Web Product Data Management (PDM) System. It includes the Accumark modules of Patternmaker and Marker Maker. Training will be provided for this. Basic personal computer skills, such as Wordâ and Excelâ in a Microsoft Windowsâ environment, are required.
- The Patternmaker has the ability to work within the development calendar production timeline.
- The ability to adapt to a fast paced environment as well as adjust to every changing priorities.
- Responsible for communicating clearly all necessary information to a wide variety of departments and vendors in order to produce a high quality garment for production and to our customer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A four year college degree is required. This must be in technical design, or a closely related subject.
- Generally, requires 4+ years of experience in patternmaking, garment construction, etc.
- This position is classified as full-time salaried; it is exempt and is not eligible for overtime. This position is eligible for standard company fringe benefits.
- This position may require Domestic and International travel.
- Given the seasonality of the business, this position may require flexible, additional working hours during peak periods.
- This position is reviewed annually.
Lilly Pulitzer® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lilly Pulitzer® designs and distributes apparel and accessories for women and children. It all started 50ish years ago with a simple shift dress in Palm Beach, Florida. Today, Lilly Pulitzer® provides a collection of modern resort wear inspired by the authentic Palm Beach lifestyle. Lilly Pulitzer® can be found online and in 30 company-operated retail stores, over 70 Signature Stores and major department stores nationwide