Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead
at Lilly Pulitzer
King of Prussia, PA - Home Office
The Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead has the primary responsibilities of processing all R/W outbound shipments correctly and in a timely fashion. These include all R/W customer orders, employee packages, new Retail Store deliveries, and non-inventory related shipments for all Retail and Wholesale stores. This position also has overall responsibility to assist all Supervisors, Managers, and the Sr. Director of Fulfillment Centers, Logistics and Facilities. The R/W Shipping Group Lead should have a heightened focus on the overall R/W Fulfillment team and should promote a shared elevation of expertise and process improvements. The R/W Shipping Group Lead is expected to personally work in a hands on manner and assist with the operation of the warehouse sales and the annual physical inventory.
The Major Areas of Responsibility are:
Assist in the processing of all outbound shipments Liaise and support the R/W VAS Group Lead with the R/W VAS Department Support the R/W Fulfillment Operation by supporting with picking and replenishment Maintain a clean and organized work area Be sufficiently cross trained to assist in all D.C. Departments Provide leadership and motivation to others Personally work in a hands on, active manner Assist with the operation of the warehouse sales Meet deadlines and respect the merchandise
The NINE major areas are discussed below.
1. Assist in the processing of all R/W outbound shipments
- The R/W Shipping Group Lead is responsible to ensure that all parcel and LTL shipments are processed. This does NOT include E-Commerce order shipments. The R/W Shipping Group Lead is expected to be knowledgeable with Wholesale account route guides and how they pertain to shipping. The R/W Shipping Group Lead is expected to liaise when needed with Wholesale Account Services when proof of deliveries/tracking numbers are requested.
- Packages from the office personnel must be shipped same day.
- International packages from the office personnel must be shipped on their specific scheduled days and the tracking numbers must be updated to the company folder.
- The mail machine must be operational and fully supplied at all times. The station should remain clean and organized.
- The Employee Shipping Station should be fully stocked and organized. There should always be adequate supplies of tape, tape guns, boxes, and packaging materials.
- Operate all outbound shipping equipment, including the ability to trace shipments.
- Dedicate extra scrutiny to Wholesale Majors accounts. Including but not limited to: organizing cartons onto pallets, creating bills of ladings, scheduling carriers, manifesting shipments, and closing down the R/W Fulfillment Shipping Department at the end of each workday.
- Maintain the Majors Routing SOP document with up to date and current routing standards. Any customer that requires special shipping requirements should be added to this document. This will be a useful training tool and also a singular place to hold all websites, usernames, and passwords used.
- Assist the R/W Fulfillment Supervisor with the outbound process of Retail New Stores shipments.
- The R/W Shipping Group Lead should be prepared and knowledgable should he be required to close the Fulfillment Center at the end of the night. This includes turning off all electrical equipment and lights and then locking and alarming the FC.
2. Liaise and support the R/W Supervisory team with orders requiring Value-Added-Services (VAS)
- The R/W Shipping Group Lead has the primary responsibility of making sure the correct amount of cartons are removed from the VAS Department and shipped per the guidelines of each individual account as documented in the Majors Routing SOP.
- Attempt to minimize chargebacks by communicating with the R/W Fulfillment Supervisory Team when routing guidelines aren’t being adhered to.
- Assist with any complications with the conveyor or flow of packages into and out of the VAS Department
3. Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Place supplies and materials in designated locations
- Refill empty tools or machinery, which includes but is not limited to: stretch warp handles, tape guns, mail machine supplies, shipping envelopes, and tape rolls for the tape machine
- Organize pallets and clean the shipping dock before end of day
- Place files in their proper locations. Do not store materials underneath conveyor belts
- Remove cardboard and trash from the shipping area daily
- Support on the replenishment of R/W boxes on every picking floor.
- Maintain pallets for Majors, Pack and Holds, and New Stores as organized as possible.
4. Be sufficiently cross-training to assist in all DC Departments
- Learn Inbound/Receiving functions and how they relate to the overall operation
- Have the ability to perform in any of the following areas: Receiving, Stocking, R/W Zone Picking, E-Commerce Picking and Replenishment
- As new challenges arise, the R/W Shipping Group Lead will need to be able to learn new skills and understand new processes to be effective
5. Provide leadership and motivation to others
- The R/W Shipping Group Lead is responsible to provide leadership and motivation to others. This is done primarily by serving as a good role model. Personally conducting oneself in a diligent, professional, and punctual manner. At all times remain serious about getting the work done on time and accurately. The Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead must personally perform work, not merely direct others
- The Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead is responsible to “rise to the occasion” and motivate others to rise to the occasion, primarily through personal example, to meet objectives, especially during seasonal peaks.
- Personal complacency is completely inappropriate for the R/W Shipping Group Lead
6. Personally work in a hands on manner
- The Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead is personally responsible to work in a hands on, active manner. The Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead instructs others while also personally performing work tasks.
- The Retail/Wholesale Shipping Group Lead should set the pace in his area. The best way to train effectively is do the work with employees and give them a physical demonstration.
7. Assist with the operation of the sample and e-commerce sales and annual physical inventory
- Assist, as directed by a Supervisor or Manager with the operation of all warehouse sales. This includes: set up, operation during the sale and the take down of the warehouse sale.
- Operate the warehouse sales in a manner, which enables the Distribution Center to provide reasonable service levels during the sale.
8. Meet deadlines and respect the merchandise
- This position requires an appreciation of the deadlines inherent in the industry. Because of the seasonality of the business, timeliness is essential. Merchandise is either on time or the deadline is missed; there is no concept of lateness. All deadlines must be met.
- All orders packed by 6:30PM should be shipped that same day. All overnight shipments or non-standard shipments such as two-day priority must be shipped the same day.
- This position is responsible to anticipate problems, which could affect the ability to meet deadlines and service levels, and to recommend solutions.
- All operations in the Fulfillment Center require an appreciation and respect for the merchandise. Lilly Pulitzerâ merchandise is special and high quality. It should be handled with care and respect.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- This position requires responsibility, dependability and commitment.
- This position requires a sense of urgency and the ability to meet difficult seasonal peaks, workloads and deadlines. In the apparel business there is no concept of lateness. The company is either on time or it has missed the deadline.
- This position requires the understanding and appreciation that the merchandise is high quality, premium apparel, which should be handled with, care and respect.
- The personal strength and stamina to lift cartons weighing as much as 55 pounds, from a conveyor to a pallet are required.
- This position requires the leadership to provide a good role model to others, which will motivate others to perform at their best.
- The ability to use a basic spreadsheet on a personal computer using Microsoftâ Windowsâ Excelâ is helpful. Training will be provided if necessary.
- The ability to operate a sit down forklift. All other forklifts are a preferred as well, but not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A high school diploma is required for this position.
- Two-Three years of relevant work experience in a distribution or materials handling environment, preferably in softgoods or apparel, are required.
- The Group Lead is expected to lead other employees by setting a good example and following all work rules. Please see the attached work rules for your review.
- This position is considered full-time, non-exempt, hourly for fringe benefit purposes. This position is eligible for overtime. The Sr. Director of Fulfillment Center, Logistics, and Facilities and the Sr. Manager of R/W Fulfillment, Logistics, Receiving and Supply Chain Projects approve all overtime in advance.
- This position must operate within specific work rules of the Fulfillment Center. Please see attachment to review work rules.
- This position is reviewed annually.
Lilly Pulitzer® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lilly Pulitzer® designs and distributes apparel and accessories for women and children. It all started 50ish years ago with a simple shift dress in Palm Beach, Florida. Today, Lilly Pulitzer® provides a collection of modern resort wear inspired by the authentic Palm Beach lifestyle. Lilly Pulitzer® can be found online and in 30 company-operated retail stores, over 70 Signature Stores and major department stores nationwide