Linde Engineering North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer-FCE
at Linde Engineering North America
- # of Openings
Civil/Structural Engineers are responsible for the Civil/Structural scope of work on a project, covering all engineering phases from proposals, basic, detail, commissioning and construction and are the point of contact for project personnel and designers with regard to any Civil/Structural Engineering aspect of the project execution. The Civil/Structural Engineers report to the Department Manager.
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer shall be responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
- Arrangement, sizing and joining of the elements which together make up the equipment structure. Examples are base plates, foundation anchor bolts, steel columns, platforms, heater shell, ducts, stacks, and support steel for equipment such as fans and steam drums
- Calculations of wind, seismic, dead and live loads and the application of these loads to the appropriate structure
- Structural members sizing, connections design, and weight and foundation loading calculations
- Preparation of technical specifications, bills of material, and drawings which present the design for fabrication and construction by others
- Completion of project tasks in a quality manner, within budget, on schedule, and in compliance with all client requirements, codes, standards, and specifications
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise sub-contracted work packages and interfacing with Linde Engineering partners.
- Technical coordination with all disciplines related to the Civil/Structural engineering effort.
- Participation in Design Reviews.
- Stamping/sealing of documents when required.
- Support less experienced Civil/Structural engineers in their activities, such as review of work, and technical support
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve overall department performance
- Learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism in all communications, actions and decisions.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Pennsylvania Professional Engineer License desired
- Minimum Ten years of experience in the Civil/Structural design of chemical, industrial or petrochemical plants or comparable related work experience.
- Working knowledge of local, national and International Codes and Standards related to the discipline.
- Complete familiarity with Respective industry codes and standards.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software, and other Company and discipline specific software applications such as Staad Pro, and Smart Plant Review
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.