Linde Process Plants, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Furnaces and Fired Capital Equipment
at Linde Process Plants, Inc.
- # of Openings
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of a multi-discipline project team responsible for the complete cycle of equipment and piping including specification/design, supplier selection, purchase, supplier document review, acceptance and delivery to site, site (erection) support and turn-over to the client.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Plant Components Department at SLNA is responsible for overseeing and performing the following duties as well as being hands on with these tasks:
- Develop basic and detailed engineering for all mechanical equipment and piping on assigned projects
- Generate detailed design calculations including pressure part thickness, code calculations, and cast tube support calculations.
- Responsible for completion of project tasks in a quality manner, within budget, and on schedule; responsible for input into project schedules and drawing/document lists
- Responsible for requisition packages typical components for fired capital equipment including furnace components including radiant coils, waste heat recovery, burners, hot/cold outlet headers, refractory, etc.; rotating equipment including fans, pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.; static equipment including pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, steam drums, air preheaters, etc.; packaged units including pollution control skids (SCRs), burner control skids, etc.; process and power piping.
- Responsible for the application of relevant industry standards, codes and/or project-specific standards
- Review and approve vendor documentation for mechanical equipment and piping. Conduct inspections of mechanical equipment/piping at vendor fabrication shops
- Provide supervision/direction for discipline Mechanical Engineers and guidance for Mechanical Design. Interface with other disciplines (Structural and I&C).
- Provide troubleshooting expertise for client and vendors, including installation/erection assistance at job sites.
- Generate project mechanical documentation including equipment datasheets, equipment specifications, manual valve lists, line lists, pipe class specifications, inspection requirements, vendor documentation requirements, vendor scopes of supply and bills of material, and installation sequences.
- Participate in planning, cost development, scheduling, client and vendor meetings for assigned projects
- Maintain effective communication with project team members and with the customer; May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Conduct engineering reviews of SLNA or vendor calculations, drawings, and documents
- Participate and drive continuous improvement projects within SLNA and with other Linde Engineering (LE) entities.
- Learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism is all communications, actions, and decisions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten years of experience with furnaces/fired heaters in petrochemical applications.
- Registered Professional Engineer – preferred.
- Working knowledge of national and international codes and standards.
- Complete familiarity with relevant codes (i.e., B31.3, B31.1, Section I, Section VIII, API 530/560).
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office software, and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Familiarity with PVElite and Caesar II software is preferred.
- Experience with welding, paint, and refractory systems required.
- Working knowledge of fabrication, construction, and assembly of plant components as well as fired capital equipment
- Good understanding of engineering and information workflow.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.