Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer Level IV
at Oasis Systems
- Requisition Number
- Information Technology
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies. We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs. As part of our ongoing support to Navy Ship HM&E Systems and related Cyber Security requirements.
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Mechanical Engineer IV to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division’s Cybersecure Machinery Control Systems & Networks Department for the US Navy, USCG, NOAA, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Machinery Controls, Navigation, Casualty Control, Conditioned-Based Maintenance, and Network Systems on all US Navy Surface Combatant, Amphibious, and Aircraft Carrier ships, as well as NOAA vessels and USCG cutters. NSWCPD Department 50 supports the development, modernization, acquisition, and life cycle maintenance of Control Systems across all ship platforms.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Ten (10) years of professional experience within industry as a mechanical engineer.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Must have one of the following: CCNA or CAP or Security + (CE).
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain at a minimum SECRET security clearance.
- TRAVEL: The primary places of performance will be at NSWCPD in Philadelphia as well as locally in Norfolk, VA and Panama City, FL. Occasional travel may be required to the following locations: Washington, DC, Norfolk, VA, San Diego, CA, Yokosuka, Japan, Mayport, FL, Pascagoula, MS, Honolulu, HI, Baltimore, MD, Sasebo, Japan, Seattle, WA, Jacksonville, FL, Panama City, FL, Alameda, CA, Kittery, ME, Boston, MA, Charleston, SC, Cheboygan, MI, Key West, FL, Yorktown, VA, Kodiak, AK.
- Must have seven (7) years of professional experience within industry troubleshooting machinery control systems.
- Must have seven (7) years of professional experience within industry designing, testing and installing machinery control systems.
- Must have seven (7) years of professional experience within industry managing complex integration of interconnected shipboard systems
- Must have five (5) years of professional experience within industry developing Ship Change Documents (SCDs) within the Navy Data Environment (NDE).
- Must have five (5) years of technical writing including but not limited to creating: test procedures, installation and rip-out documentation, and technical manuals.
- Working knowledge of the Navy Ship Control Systems, Naval Sea System Command, Naval Surface Warfare Center and Fleet organizations is highly desired.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Testing and System Integration Services
- LBES/LBTF Equipment Integration Support
- Shipboard Installations, Testing and Troubleshooting
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
- Material and Asset Support
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.