MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC/CABRILLO TECHNOLOGIES
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC/CABRILLO TECHNOLOGIES
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) Systems Engineer is responsible for the advancement of data utilization for the application of Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) of United States Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems. The candidate will work on a cross-functional team consisting of data scientists, data utilization engineers, software engineers, and HM&E equipment experts in order to research, develop, and deploy PHM solutions.
- Exploratory data analysis on historical HM&E operational data sets in order to identify patterns and trends related to equipment health
- Work with HM&E technical and maintenance communities in order to gather requirements and identify opportunities for data utilization
- Review current maintenance practices, technical manuals, and other technical documentation in support of PHM solution development
- Perform data engineering on large structured and unstructured data sets to support data science team
- Develop prototype data visualization tools and dashboards for the deployment of PHM solutions
- Create systems engineering documentation for PHM solutions, including software requirements documents (SRD), software verification and validation (V&V) plans/reports, and functional-flow block diagrams (FFBD)
- Support software implementation efforts through software V&V testing, requirements management, and project management
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages (Python, R, Matlab, C/C++, C#, JAVA or SQL)
- Hands-on experience with structured/unstructured data sets using software tools such as Python, R, Mathematica or Matlab
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Familiar with data engineering concepts such as data collection, database management, data storage, and data cleansing
- Experience with software development principles such as version control, requirements management, and software definition
- Candidate must have active Secret clearance, or be clearable
- Familiar with U.S. Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems
- Familiar with Prognostics and Health Management (PHM), Condition Monitoring (CM), or Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM+) methodologies
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the development of data-driven or physics-based PHM algorithms
- Proficiency in database management and querying using SQL
- Familiar with machine learning concepts and tools for regression, classification, and clustering
- Systems or software engineering experience
- Experience developing data visualization tools and user interfaces
BS Degree in engineering, mathematics, or closely related field
Advanced degree in engineering or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.