Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Miller Cang
Technical Producer duties
The Technical Producer is responsible for the technical planning and coordination of projects. The TP is the point of contact at the interface between the Project Management department and the Services. He/She advises the Project Manager on technical and safety issues in the preparatory and implementation phases.
The Technical Producer's main tasks are technical consulting and risk management. The TP should possess the knowledge to address safety-related issues and come up with flawless technical solutions. He is able to quickly adapt plans to requirements that change on short notice while taking all technical and safety aspects into account. Acting in an advisory capacity, the Technical Producer explains technical details, thereby enabling the Project Manager to tackle technical issues. The TP serves as co-workers' go-to source for assistance in technically challenging matters.
- Maintain current awareness and continued training of all current and new equipment capabilities, features and specifications.
- Provide new Technical Managers with the necessary satis&fy proprietary knowledge
- Compile quote information, show agendas, drawings and client emails to create show synopsis to send to all technicians that will be on show site.
- Develop grids for large breakout events to include all equipment, room names/dimensions, show dates and support needs.
- Compose first draft of formal proposals when an RFP is received
- Review changes initiated by clients and make revisions to current contracts as necessary.
- Strong problem solving, communication, planning and organization.
- Excellent adaptability and dependability.
- Expert knowledge of audio, video, lighting, staging, rigging and scenic equipment knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to: MS Office, AutoCAD and VectorWorks, Outlook, Oneview, Dropbox etc…
- Committed to demonstrating and supporting a safe working environment
- Materials handling experience is required
- Ability to learn and become expert in proprietary software
- Work flexible hours; including what can be extremely working long days during event execution, and odd hours at client request
- Commitment to travel more or less as client needs dictate
- Skillful in negotiating and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter with a high level of attention to detail, organization, and follow through
- Team oriented personality that thrives in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary work environment encompassing diversity in culture, experience, beliefs, and opinions
- Enthusiastic participant in key client / team meetings and briefings to facilitate successful development of client’s requests