Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Morgan Properties
- Job ID
- Human Resources
- # Positions
- Regular Full-Time
Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. As of 2019, we currently own and operate over 170 residential properties spread throughout 11 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is essential and every employee is valued. Morgan Properties is a Philadelphia area based company and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” in the Philadelphia metropolitan area for the past six years. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing a broad range of HR and Administrative duties. Primary responsibilities include serving as initial point of contact for employee inquiries, issues and all employee life cycle events. Partners with business, operational, and HR leaders of the organization to develop and implement people-centric solutions focused on performance, employee relations, engagement and retention, employee experience, and cultural development. The incumbent carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations and communication, compensation, performance management, onboarding/off-boarding, policies/procedures/compliance, employment law compliance, reporting/metrics and analytics, and HR technology. The HR Generalist will provide support and backup to the payroll, benefits, and recruitment functions.
- Provide support to employees on various HR related topics and respond to routine HR questions including, but not limited to benefits, payroll, vacation, FMLA, Workers Comp, or redirect employees to appropriate contacts in a timely manner
- Partner with HR leadership to support corporate office and community managers with employee relations issues, ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and practices
- Maintain employee-related databases. Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and/or communities. May prepare periodic reports for management as needed.
- Participate in employee onboarding; administer employee termination and off-boarding.
- Assist in the administration of payroll, benefits, and recruitment. Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing. Backup to Payroll Manager
- Work with HR team on the creation and execution of talent management topics to include acquisition, retention, engagement, development, performance management, succession planning, wellness programs, etc.
- Develop and utilize HR metrics and reporting to influence business decisions
- Prepare and file EEO-1 report, OSHA 300 report annually; maintain records, reports, and tracking to conform to government regulations.
- Assist with responding to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints: conduct employee relations counseling, investigation, and resolution as needed.
- Maintain accurate library of active job descriptions, and work with management to keep them current.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee policies, practices, and procedures.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain employee documentation; ensure accuracy and completeness of employee records and files.
- Enter employee data into HRIS; compile and create reports from the database.
- Build strong business relationships with employees, managers, and key business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months.
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skill
- Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to perform in a rapidly changing, dynamic and growing work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be client focused and take initiative to resolve problems
- Displays good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build partnerships with various teams both internally and externally
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment at any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center