Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst (Test Materials Analyst)
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
The NBME is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides high-quality examinations for the health professions. Protection of the health of the public through state-of-the-art assessment of health professionals is the mission of the NBME, along with a major commitment to research and development in evaluation and measurement. The NBME was founded in 1915 because of the need for a voluntary, nationwide examination that medical licensing authorities could accept as the standard by which to judge candidates for medical licensure. Since that time, it has continued without interruption to provide high-quality examinations for this purpose and has become a model and a resource of international stature in testing methodologies and evaluation in medicine. Although the NBME's mission is centered on assessment of physicians, it encompasses the spectrum of health professionals along the continuum of education, training, and practice and includes research in evaluation as well as development of assessment instruments.
The NBME has nearly 500 employees and is located in Philadelphia's University City neighborhood, home to some of the country's most esteemed universities, nonprofit research institutes, and research and teaching hospitals.
We are currently seeking a Test Construction Analyst I to join our Test Construction team. This position will provide analysis and test construction services for large-scale research projects requiring the development of complex data analysis solutions and systems to support the development and quality of the USMLE, NAVLE, AAMA and other exams. This position will also have responsibilities that include pool analysis and support for the MMS examination programs.
- Develops and implements analytic procedures and data processing routines to optimize operational test development activities or to facilitate decision making; Conducts queries and analysis of USMLE and NBME pools to monitor item availability and use; produce item inventory reports.
- Perform analyses by extracting data from our databases and data warehouses using SPSS to generate the results.
- Initiates and maintains communication with Test Development and other staff to identify user needs and resolve issues related to test item flow management with input from appropriate staff; provide assistance on pool management issues to Test Development Services (TDS) editorial staff.
- Execute automated assembly of test forms.
- Analyze the statistical and content characteristics of the new test forms using SPSS and Excel
- Create, update, and disseminate documentation for new and existing technological procedures and routines, and includes direct user support and training.
- Collaborate with other units in the research, design and testing of new technology and software for TDS.
- Monitor implementation of new technology, systems, and software.
- Perform scholarly research.
Skills and Abilities
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to "translate" technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Significant expertise with software applications supporting data analysis/warehousing (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Excel, SQL, CPLEX)
- Experience with large datasets and/or secondary datasets preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technology quickly
- Ability to set priorities consistent with unit goals
- Some knowledge of and experience with scholarly research process
Experience: Three to five years of relevant data analysis experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree is desirable
NBME offers a rewarding work environment, a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits. Please submit an application that includes your resume and cover letter.
NBME is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.