Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Content Specialist
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
The NBME is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides high-quality examinations for the health professions. Protection of the health of the public through state-of-the-art assessment of health professionals is the mission of the NBME, along with a major commitment to research and development in evaluation and measurement. The NBME was founded in 1915 because of the need for a voluntary, nationwide examination that medical licensing authorities could accept as the standard by which to judge candidates for medical licensure. Since that time, it has continued without interruption to provide high-quality examinations for this purpose and has become a model and a resource of international stature in testing methodologies and evaluation in medicine. Although the NBME's mission is centered on assessment of physicians, it encompasses the spectrum of health professionals along the continuum of education, training, and practice and includes research in evaluation as well as development of assessment instruments. The NBME has nearly 500 employees and is located in Philadelphia's University City neighborhood, home to some of the country's most esteemed universities, nonprofit research institutes, and research and teaching hospitals.
NBME is seeking a Marketing Content Specialist (writer) to create effective ads, newsletters, brochures, digital ads, web copy, SEO blogs and landing pages.
Working closely with internal stakeholders the role would be responsible for developing, editing, and refining content to not only be technically accurate, but also accessible and compelling to external audiences. This position will also help us expand our digital footprint and drive more value through online content to drive leads.
Create strong, effective branded content newsletters, brochures, digital ads, website copy, SEO blogs and landing pages that accomplishes specific marketing goals, including:
- Lead generation
- Improved conversion
- Brand equity building
- Search engine optimization
- Drive awareness
- Spark engagement
Develop, edit, and refine content to not only be technically accurate, but also to be accessible and compelling to external audiences.
REQUIREMENTS Skills and Abilities:
- Be a champion of the NBME brand ' producing highly creative pieces that set a consistent tone for the brand
- Develop a deep understanding of the company and its products and services (including an understanding of the category, customer, and competitors) to inform content creation.
- Able to use a research-oriented approach to content development when necessary
- Produce long-form content ensuring accuracy, an engaging writing style, and consistency in brand voice.
- Implement SEO best practices in web content to increase traffic to the NBME site
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and juggle writing demands and deadlines
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to inform copy and make adjustments based on their input
- Be in tune with the industry and market place in order to write confidently and be able to adapt to any changing circumstances
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Confidence working with internal stakeholders to build consensus and drive projects forward
- Minimum 3-5 years professional writing experience in marketing, communications, agencies, or in-house.
- Experience working on cross channel and/or direct marketing initiatives including media, web, direct and print
- Knowledge of digital marketing skills, including SEO best practices, email marketing and website analytics
- Experience writing for a B2B audience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication or related field
The NBME offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding work environment.
NBME is an equal opportunity employer as defined by the EEOE.