Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager, Forensics
at NMS Labs
Willow Grove, PA
# of openings:
Title: Product Manager, Forensics
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
NMS Labs is a leading laboratory services company which supports Clinical and Forensic markets. NMS Lab is:
- the leader in the surveillance and detection of novel psychoactive substances, currently at the center of the US opioid epidemic
- the provider of criminal investigation, human performance and postmortem testing services
- known for our forensic expertise and long-standing commitment for the pursuit of excellence in the forensic sciences.
NMS Labs has developed a unique position in the forensic market with our scalable outsource services model. NMS Labs is the innovator in private public partnership in the government outsourcing of postmortem toxicology, additionally we adapt our unique service offerings to provide distributed, “local” services to law enforcement agencies, state and county municipalities for criminal investigations.
The Product Manager, Forensics, is responsible for managing and growing one or more product areas in the Forensics Strategic Business Unit, including but not limited to forensic toxicology, drug identification of controlled substances/ pharmaceuticals, and DNA analysis. The Product Manager understands the needs of target market, key opinion leaders, decision makers, influencers, and how to build awareness of our unique value proposition and products/services. This person develops and executes marketing campaigns, driving results through cross-departmental stakeholders, and engages the voice of the customer through market research studies. The Product Manager, Forensics handles day-to-day marketing activities, as well as developing the long-term strategy to drive revenue growth for assigned product lines that will meet business goals.
- BA or BS required, MBA or equivalent years preferred.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of demonstrated Marketing experience in brand/product management in one of the following markets: Forensics, In Vitro Diagnostics, Clinical Laboratory, Medical Devices/Life Sciences, or related healthcare segment required.
- Knowledge of bioanalytical testing in a laboratory environment preferred.
Some Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Commercial Results - Achieve business plan objectives of sales revenue, net income, gross profit and price on an annual basis. Manage expenses within budget. Increase company’s leadership position in target market.
- Brand Strategy - Contribute to the development of brand strategies for products, services, programs and other key initiatives including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, branding, and lifecycle management.
- Product Launch - Responsible for leading and executing impactful product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of brand strategy, marketing and sales materials for all key stakeholders, price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan, product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales tools, etc.
- Customer Insights and Analytics - Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads.
- Business Planning & Execution - Work closely with manager to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.). Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan. Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop marketing plans and execute campaigns
- Ability to launch new products or services using formal project planning process steps and tools
- Strong analytical skills as they relate to conducting market analysis and market research, establishing product strategies, working with product development teams, forecasting, and pricing.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and CRM software
- Skilled at metrics-driven marketing
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and big picture orientation with attention to detail
- Familiarity with regulatory and/or legislative compliance environment and influence on product design
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills required
- Ability to talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms, and use hands and fingers to manipulate instrument/equipment controls, computer keyboard, office equipment, objects, or tools.
- Moving from one work location to another to sit and stand, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Vision (with correction) including color, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel approximately 10% primarily domestic, with ability to travel internationally if required
Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, NMS Labs offers a stimulating and diverse work environment with competitive salary/compensation plans and great benefits, including medical/dental/vision/prescription plan, life/STD/LTD, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, 401k plan with generous match and incentive compensation plan.
A few reasons why NMS Lab employees love the company:
- NMS Labs offers a stimulating and diverse working environment and unique culture
- FREE pretzels on Tuesdays, fresh fruit on Wednesdays,
- Yearly influenza shots, parking, fully equipped exercise room with locker rooms, wellness programs
- In April, weeklong celebration for National Medical Laboratory Professionals
- Company Wellness Committee and ‘Activiteam’ dedicated to plan exciting events and seminars throughout the year for employees
- In July, Founder’s Day celebration
- In December, holiday celebration for employees and their families
- Halloween Potluck, Company Summer Outing, Charity Drives
*We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, otherwise qualified disability, or protected veteran status (disabled, Armed Forces Service Medal, recently separated, active duty or campaign badge).