Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grummanmanufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellencewhere employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use ofautomation, 3-D printing and robotics.
Northrop Grumman MissionSystems is seeking a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join theTest and Assembly Site in Philadelphia, PA. The Manufacturing Engineer will support ManufacturingOperations Engineering.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
-Implementation of the latest industrymanufacturing technology and techniques.
- Inspect performance ofmachinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency
- Investigate andinitiate corrective action to ensure product quality
-Provide guidance toEngineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to bestutilize equipment and manufacturing techniques
The ideal candidate mustbe able to work individually as well as collaborate with a diverse group ofindividuals, work tactically, but with an eye towards future strategy, and exhibitsolid communication skills with internal management personnel andclients.The selected candidate must becomfortable working 50% of their time or more on factory floor in a union environmentwith hours that may span multiple shifts.
Bachelorsdegree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5 years of relevant work experience, or Masters in a STEM discipline with 3 years of relevant work experience
Abilityto obtain a Secret clearance (this requires US citizenship)
Workexperience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T
Experiencewith tool and fixture design
Experiencewith solid modeling tools such as Siemens NX or Solidworks/Pro E
Fluencyin MS Office Tools with a focus on documentation
- Manufacturing or engineering background in a marine discipline (e.g., Rotating Machinery engineering or manufacturing)
- Experience with Large Mechanical Assembly and Heavy Lifting Principles
- Experience with machine tool equipment and machine shop processes (Vertical and/or Horizontal Machining centers
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Experience in implementing new designs and processes into a factory environment
- Working knowledge and past experience with equipment and tool suppliers
- Six Sigma Certification
- Understanding of welding processes