Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Division Costing Manager
at NVR Corporation
NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we are committed to quality and to our customers, and we take pride in the over 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
The Division Costing Manager provides financial and operational expertise within each Division, directly supporting the Division Manager in establishing, controlling and analyzing homebuilding construction costs and divisional profitability. Working with the Production Manager and his team, this role is responsible for managing a comprehensive cost control system to ensure that each home is built within budget and recommend process improvements. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to expand responsibilities and use the role as a path to broader regional or corporate financial analysis and management positions.
- Support the Division Manager in analyzing and controlling construction costs and profits for all homes within the Division
- Manage a cost control system that effectively and accurately measures costs and production variances and allows for accurate projections of operating results
- Work with divisional, regional and corporate peers to drive continuous improvement of costs, processes, and systems, and ensure consistency of costing methods across the company
- Initiate agreements and negotiations with sub-contractors that will maximize value, quality and delivery to NVR and the home buyer
- Update and maintain sales, pricing and cost information for all active and future communities
- Project costs for new home designs and product offerings as part of the overall Division business plan
- Review plans for standardization of components, options, and construction methods
- 5+ years of experience of comparable financial analysis, costing, planning, or economic analysis with demonstrated attention to detail
- Able to convert financial analysis into meaningful operational recommendations and drive action and process improvement
- Skilled in budgeting and negotiating
- Exceptional problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required
- Relevant costing and analysis experience is desired
- Employment with a Big Four CPA firm, large manufacturing or real estate experience preferred
- Experience with new home or commercial construction preferred
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we will give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.