Penn Mutual Life Insurance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategic Alliance Account Executive
at Penn Mutual Life Insurance
Individual is primarily responsible for business development with Producer Groups to identify and facilitate life insurance (primary) opportunities for the IFN channel. Additionally, this individual is responsible for actively managing a large strategic alliance/producer group relationship. Working with member firms, determine and evaluate life insurance opportunities, and negotiate sponsorship arrangement of regional meetings. Promote PML’s key differentiators in the market place, describing advanced sales concepts as well as defining our life insurance products.
- Actively call on member firms and SVPs to identify and build new life insurance relationships
- Actively manage distribution relationships with a large strategic alliance/producer group
- Work with key relationships to develop annual marketing plans
- Communicate and implement annual plans to key field and HO constituents
- Update marketing plans, review progress and monitor sales results on a quarterly basis
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with principal contributors at the corporate or home office of key relationships.
- Assist with any escalated business related problems of assigned key firms that cannot be resolved through standard portioning procedures.
- Function in a support role to the IFN field leaders to identify sales opportunities and coordinate related activities
- Attend annual, regional, and sales related planning sessions and conferences with key relationships as necessary
- Develop collaborative relationships with Penn Mutual’s home office support areas to ensure delivery and follow through of marketing plans and key business relationships. This includes licensing, compensation, internal sales support, new business and post-issue service
- Stay abreast of changes and opportunities within the Producer group markets
- Understand impact of industry/regulatory changes as they relate to independent broker/dealer sales
- Up to 75% travel required
- Superior consultative selling sales skills; able to adeptly work with advanced marketing concepts that support life product distribution
- Cooperation and collaboration across multi-divisions and all levels within the organization
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated planning and presentation skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills
- High level of initiative and independence
- Strong technical skills – Excel, Database, Word, and Power Point
- A minimum of 5 years of business development and/or relationship management experience with independent distribution groups.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with permanent life insurance products, case design, advanced sales concepts, new business process, underwriting process, and independent channel distribution.
- College degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Hold, or working towards, an industry designation: i.e. CLU, ChFC, CFP
- Life & Health, 6 & 63
Salary Level = 23
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused – “Gets it done” and drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic – “Sees the big picture and challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic – “Keeps it real” and is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – “Makes the call” and demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – “Develops people” and sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – “Sets the tone” and inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.