Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analytics Internship - Corporate Planning Department
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Corporate Planning 
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
The PGW Internship Program is designed for students currently enrolled FULL-TIME at an accredited college or university with a sophomore classification or above ONLY.
If you are not a full-time student, please refer to our other current employment opportunities.
This Internship is designed for students that are available to work throughout the academic and calendar year.
Gather and analyze data pertaining to:
- Customer segments and targeting
- Effectiveness of current organizational structure
- National and international marketplace
- Value chain, competitive positioning; pricing and promotion
- Product delivery and support
- Gas supply procurement, management, supply sources, and reliability
- Internal capabilities, constraints, and boundaries; opportunities and threats
- Develop tools to help integrate data into day-to-day operational decisions from a variety of sources
- Design intuitive, automated tools to monitor organizational health and performance
- Working towards a degree in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate program;
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Passionate about energy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; must be able to work independently and take initiative to solve problems and complete tasks as they arise
- Positive, team-player attitude
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be able to commit 15-20 hours to the program