Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer / LNG - Plant Operations
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Regular/Full Time
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Gas Processing Department 
Philadelphia Gas Works
Looking for a challenge and ready to light up your career?
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
Make a difference in your future – Become part of the PGW Team!
Electrical Engineer / LNG - Plant Engineer - BSEE
Plant Experience / Instrumentation / Controls
City of Philadelphia - Philadelphia County Residency Requirement within 12 months of hire
- Design and execute the safe, reliable and code compliant design of electrical systems supporting new natural gas related infrastructure projects. Typical projects include LNG liquefaction plants, LNG vaporization plants, natural gas metering and regulating stations
- Design new power distribution and instrumentation systems including the specification of MCC’s, wiring, conduits, cable trays, grounding systems, generators, UPS, process instrumentation, etc.
- Develop, modify and review loop sheets, single lines, PLC and DCS layouts and panel
- Program and commission PLCs, VFDs, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and HMIs.
- Create commissioning documentation, and execute the commissioning of electrical systems and equipment.
- Coordinate the efforts of third party engineering design firms, equipment packagers, vendors and OEMs.
- Provide technical support and training to operations and maintenance personnel.
- Participate in project’s scope development, business justification and bid development process for assigned projects.
- Participate in Capital Project improvement by reviewing equipment selection and layout to optimize maintainability and operability of equipment. Promote consistency by input on standardizing equipment, and assuring that necessary spare parts are identified and maintained properly
- Work with maintenance supervision and I&E technicians to troubleshoot equipment failures and develop repair plans in order to improve the availability of process equipment.
- Assist in management of change process implementation through review and revised affected maintenance and operating procedures, develop communication and training plan to all affected personnel.
- Participate in professional conferences and business wide networks/forums to keep current on and evaluate new emerging technologies for their applicability.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Manager change management processes by reviewing and updating plant maintenance and operating procedures.
- Partner with plant maintenance to trouble shoot and repair instrumentation and electrical systems
- Minimum education - BS - Electrical Engineering
- Plant experience preferred - Instrumentation / Controls
- Experience in natural gas / construction / industrial power preferred
- Must receive from TSA Transportation Workers’ Identification Credentials within 90 days of accepting offer
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be flexible to working emergency on-call, weekend and evening hours
- Must be flexible to work at the Plants in all weather conditions
Residency Requirement : All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
We offer a strong benefit package that includes free basic health and dental insurance. PGW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VAAP/EEO.
Location: 800 W Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA19122
While we appreciate all responses, only those who are uniquely qualified will be contacted.