Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician - HVAC Helper
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Regular/Full Time
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Field Services Department 
This is a full-time, union-covered position. It requires personnel to work rotating shifts under variable job conditions.
A Service Technician will accompany skilled service personnel in designated areas and work rotating shifts under variable job conditions on a customer’s premise. Will provide physical help as needed on service work and street leak relief.
Act as contact person for delivery service between outlying stations, and deliver parts and materials to various locations. This position requires a considerable amount of both physical and mental effort; activities and duties may have a direct bearing on the safety of the public.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current, valid driver’s license with a clean driving history
- A mechanical and/or construction background as a pipe fitter, plumber’s helper or similar work experience; if in the gas/utilities industry, this is a plus
- Experience in providing residential customer service (e.g., carpentry; cable technicians; plumber's helpers) or similar work
- Ability to work in inclement weather; any assigned shift including weekends, night and holidays
- Must be able to pass both manual and computer-based pre-employment testing
- Residential customer service experience or similar work (e.g., hotel/apartment facilities maintenance)
- Communication skills
This is a Union position.
The salary is $16.175 per hour - non-negotiable.