Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Electrician (Senior Level)
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Regular/Full Time
- Gas Management
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Gas Processing Department 
Philadelphia Gas Works
Looking for a challenge and ready to light up your career?
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
Make a difference in your future – Become part of the PGW Team! Apply at www.pgworks.com
Free Health Insurance – Free Dental Insurance – Pension Plan – Free Parking – Wellness Programs
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (SENIOR LEVEL)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of electric and electronic theory, regulations, codes and knowledge of electrical systems is required.
- Responsible for safe performance of job assignments, maintenance of good housekeeping conditions on work location and performance of other related job duties.
- Work from complicated drawings, specifications and sketches and is able to completely follow through on job assignments.
- Install, maintain and repair complicated electrical equipment in the plant, as well as switchgear, tone control facilities and automatic controls. Works from intricate wiring diagrams or schematic drawings and must be able to lay out and plan own work, Work involves expert troubleshooting and wiring on complicated machines and electronic equipment in the various plant processes. Works on high and low tension lines including charged lines within the limits of safe practices. Repairs electrical test apparatus.
- Must understand cryogenic applications
- Remove and installs valves/regulators 4 inches and under.
- Paints instrument /electrical supports and equipment.
- Install supports for instruments and electrical equipment.
- Service and maintain high voltage switchgear and motor control centers.
- Lock-out/unlock equipment electrically for operations and maintenance.
- Work on/replace equipment 480 volts and above.
- All work is done on live electricity.
- Change out lights in hazardous areas.
- Must possess the ability to perform all the duties of a Technician and a Junior Technician.
- Direct and assist in the development of lower graded classifications as required.
- Operates company vehicles to and from job sites.
- High school diploma/ GED is required.
- Electrician License within the City of Philadelphia is preferred.
- Must be able and willing to don/doff a full face respirator.
- Must be clean shaven during working hours.
- Must have a valid drivers PA license and clean driving record. Class B CDL preferred, but not required.
- Must be willing to obtain Class B CDL within 1 year of hire. Must be authorized by the PGW Fleet Operations Department as a qualified operator of company vehicles.
- Must be willing and able to climb extreme heights.
- Must be willing and able to work in confine spaces.
- Must be willing and able to work in inclement weather and general gas plant conditions.
- Candidates for Senior Technician must pass a written and hands- on demonstrated skills test.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
We offer a strong benefit package that includes free basic health and dental insurance. PGW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VAAP/EEO.
Location: 800 W Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19122
While we appreciate all responses, only those who are uniquely qualified will be contacted. Local candidates will be given preference – interview expenses are not funded.