Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Supply Chain Department
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Supply Chain
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Supply Chain Department 
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
The PGW Internship Program is designed for students currently enrolled FULL-TIME at an accredited college or university with a sophomore classification or above ONLY.
If you are not a full-time student, please refer to our other current employment opportunities.
This Internship is designed for students that are available to work throughout the academic and calendar year.
- Performs all procurement administrative functions including but not limited to answering phones, maintaining the file system and responding to routine correspondence;
- Assist higher level buyers with routine procurement activities in all aspects of the procurement functions;
- Preparing reports and data analysis;
- Performs other special projects and assignments as requested.
- Be a full-time student currently enrolled in an accredited university or college;
- Be in good academic standing;
- Be able to commit to 15-20 hours per week to the program;
- Must have knowledge of general supply chain practices including but not limited to demand planning, budget/accounting principles, procurement procedures, and inventory management;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous internship experience is preferred;
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Must have ability to analyze and interpret data and report findings.