Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Internship - Enterprise Systems Engineer - Information Services
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Information Technology
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Information Services Department 
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
The PGW Internship Program is designed for students currently enrolled FULL-TIME at an accredited college or university with a sophomore classification or above ONLY.
If you are not a full-time student, please refer to our other current employment opportunities.
This Internship is designed for students that are available to work throughout the academic and calendar year.
Under the direction of the Manager this student will:
- VMware ESX, HP Unix, VMWARE Horizon, Windows, MicroFocus Open and Suse Linux Enterprise
- Support NDS eDirectory and Active Directory
- Cisco USC, HP and other BladeCenter Management Consoles
- Support and configure a Hitachi SAN Infrastructure.
- Support Microsoft Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, SQL Server
- Implement, maintain and troubleshoot Enterprise applications
- Deploy and configure new servers and server hardware components.
- Assist in the Deployment of new Business Applications
- Provide third level support to assist the Desktop Support Group.
- The Enterprise Systems Engineer will be expected to have a strong general knowledge of the IT field and an Expert knowledge in at least 2 of the following Operating Systems:
- HP-UX11i, Microsoft Windows, Suse Linux Enterprise Server, VMWARE ESX
- Experience in Storage Area Networking: Zoning, Multi-Pathing, LUN Management.
- Understanding of Enterprise directories (eDirectory, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Understanding of File Protocols (MicroFocus NCP, CIFS, SAMBA)
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Knowledge of the business environment, IT infrastructure including software development, computer operations, network operations and telecommunications.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Solid troubleshooting skills including ability to identify and assess risk to determine action.
- Proficiency in documenting technical requirements.
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Information Services, or other related field of study program
- VMWare, MicroFocus or Microsoft Certification a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Be able to commit 15-20 hours/week to the program during the academic year.
- Have a Sophmore classification or above.