Philadelphia Gas Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SharePoint Developer - Business Applications Specialist
at Philadelphia Gas Works
- Employment Status
- Regular/Full Time
- Information Technology
- Job Locations
- ADP Department #
- Information Services Department 
Philadelphia Gas Works
Looking for a challenge and ready to light up your career?
Free Health Insurance – Free Dental Insurance – Pension Plan – Free Parking – Wellness Programs
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
Make a difference in your future – Become part of the PGW Team! Apply – www.pgworks.com
SharePoint Developer - Information Services Department
- Works as a SharePoint developer, web developer, and SharePoint strategist and maintain responsibility for supporting need of various business groups and driving enduring results back to clients.
- Develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains and debugs software applications and interfaces that support business units. Support the development of technical solution documentation and training.
- Design, maintain, improve, integrate, and develop online SharePoint solutions using latest version, including internal and/or external web sites. Plan, lead, and execute SharePoint and other .Net web development tasks.
- Works with end users to develop and modify SharePoint sites. Captures requirements, develops site content framework and SharePoint web parts. Trains end users and updates SharePoint tools and objects in response to evolving user needs.
- Works independently to identify and execute maintenance and upgrade activities for assigned SharePoint sites.
- Develop solutions to urgent business problems, leveraging existing tools and services wherever possible and otherwise building them as custom applications.
- Ability to leverage expertise in time management to complete assignments independently and effectively.
- Works on creating new interface for and support current Interface for SharePoint sites that provides information from various applications, (create or leverage APIs) wherever possible.
- Perform the above duties while maintaining application security, SDLC, and change management best practices.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business system requirements to recommend innovations that enhances and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
§ Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field of study.
§ 3 to 10+ years relevant work experience developing and designing highly customized applications using Microsoft .Net and/or SharePoint technologies with strong knowledge of business process re-engineering.
§ Experience with SharePoint application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usage of search, managed metadata, and user profile services.
§ Solutions using various tools including Visio Pro, SharePoint Designer, Workflow Manager, InfoPath, InfoPath Forms Services, App Model, Visual Studio and SharePoint Reporting Services.
§ Experience with Web part application and configuration, InfoPath Designer, SharePoint Designer (2013 preferred), or online workflow development.
§ Proven experience working with one or more object oriented programming languages. (.NET is Preferred)
§ Strong knowledge of web/mobile applications and web concepts, experience with Service oriented architecture, Test Driven Development, and Project/Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
§ Strong SQL, PL/SQL skills, Oracle is ideal, and experience with SSRS is a plus.
§ Good knowledge of common troubleshooting techniques (OS permissions, SQL tracing, Application performance tracing, network packet analysis etc.)
§ Familiarity with common web and application servers and related configurations: IIS (Preferred), Apache, and Tomcat.
§ Must have experience with source control management and defect tracking systems, such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
§ Must have creative problem solving, customer focus and strong troubleshooting skills.
§ Must pay attention to detail. Must be meticulous about getting the solutions right with an aggressive approach in taking on work and solving problems in timely manner for our end users.
§ Must focus on the details of Service Delivery and stays in tune to the needs and expectations of end users.
§ Excellent knowledge of business process reengineering concepts with the ability to solve practical problems, deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists and lead requirements definition activities.
§ Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical information in clear terms for non technical staff of all disciplines.
Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
We offer a strong benefit package that includes free basic health and dental insurance. PGW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VAAP/EEO.
Location: 800 W Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19122
While we appreciate all responses, only those who are uniquely qualified will be contacted. Local candidates will be given preference – interview expenses are not funded.