PJM Interconnection, L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PJM Interconnection, L.L.C.
- Job ID
- # Positions
General Position Summary
The Legal Administrator enhances the attorneys’ effectiveness by providing a broad range of clerical and administrative duties to support the department function. Provides advanced legal support services as required by attorneys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for providing legal administrative support to the attorneys by performing the following tasks:
- Produce a wide variety of legal documentation, legal reports and presentations by transcribing, formatting, proofreading, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics. General administrative tasks including creation, transcription, mailing of business documents utilizing the MSOffice suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Draft legal contracts and pleadings and conduct minor legal research.
- Draft, organize and distribute departmental meeting minutes.
- Complete commission and other meeting registration processes and logistics coordination.
- Work with other legal administrative assistants to establish, coordinate and maintain a centralized records management system for the law department.
- Compose letters, memos, agendas, minutes, charts, and other material of more complex nature as directed.
- Assist in FERC filing process and posting and service arrangements.
- Maintain the law department docket tracking system for all filings and legal proceedings.
- Produce periodic reports on upcoming filings.
- Assist in compliance matters including eDiscovery and litigation
- Provide information regarding procedures and policies to employees in the department and Company within office policy guidelines.
- Understand and follow office policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of company issued automated tools including Reserve (In-house Conference Room Reservation System), SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Prepare and process invoices, time sheets, expense reports, purchase requisitions, check requests as required.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain calendars. Coordinate and schedule appointments, and meetings including making travel arrangements and reservations.
- Maintain, cultivate and coordinate internal and external relationships.
- Conserve attorneys’ time by reading, researching and routing correspondence; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Provide customer service by responding to direct inquiries.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- High School or Equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of experience working in a legal office
- Ability to produce high-quality work products with attention to detail
- Experience using verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint)
- BA, Business Administration
- Experience in coordinating and planning large events
- Experience with SAP