PM Hotel Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Finance, Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill
at PM Hotel Group
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Verify accuracy of night audit work through Excel spreadsheets and web based applications. i.e. reconciliation revenue, coding of PMS charges, Month end Revenue postings in General Ledger.
• Assist properties in the reconciliation and billing of city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
• Trace all credit card /cash deposits from PMS system to each bank account on a daily basis. Research any missing deposits or shortages.
• Assist Staff Accountants with A/P posting when needed.
• Audit properties on a semi-annual basis to ensure SOP’s best practices are followed.
• Monitor web based revenue system daily to insure Night Audit imports are completed.
• Communicate and train properties on accounting Procedures.
• Administer company credit card program.
• Cross train in other accounting functions at the Corporate level.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• Must have strong excel and systems skills along with the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition who can work well with little supervision. Maintain a professional appears and manner at all times. Can communicate well with General Managers and Owners. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Ability to contribute new ideas and create efficiencies
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.