PM Hotel Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Director of Finance (NJ portfolio)
at PM Hotel Group
The Regional Director of Finance works directly with property management to ensure proper accounting and financial practices at each hotel, assesses expense control and financial forecasting accuracy, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and PM Hotel Group standards.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate property expenses and expense controls, identify efficiencies
- Review and audit Balance Sheets on quarterly basis
- Coordinate and conduct semi-annual property audits
- Provide guidance and training to property staff accountants, controllers, and operational staff on mandatory accounting practices; orient new accounting staff and fill in for vacant positions until filled
- Coordinate accounting checklist on new property takeovers/openings
- Participate in pre-lim calls and financial reviews of each property
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Must communicate effectively with owners, General Managers, and associates. Must have excellent analytical skills to resolve issues and make timely decisions. Must be proficient in Excel. Must be willing to travel on average 2-3 days per week to the properties. Prefer 3-years of experience as hotel controller or related position. Prefer knowledge of hotel operations. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. May communicate at times with guests as well. Demonstrated strengths in organizational skills required in selecting, managing, and developing staff. Demonstrated ability to learn quickly. Strong team player; business and financial partner with senior management team. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements. Unquestioned integrity, ethical standards, and confidentiality.