Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Planner in Malvern, PA at PQ Corporation
at PQ CORPORATION
For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of performance materials, chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Safer Travels - We produce highly engineered Performance Materials that help make highways and airports safer for drivers, pedestrians, pilots and passengers
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, materials, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
- Focused on delivering all aspects of Safety in the Supply Chain
- Track plant performance weekly: production, shipments, inventory
- Conduct regular cross-functional calls to review plant performance, changes in demand, quality, customer service, purchasing, and transportation issues throughout the Americas network.
- Document meetings, including action items and responsibility assignment. Follow up on action items to ensure issues are addressed.
- Recognize short and long term issues and document/elevate issues as appropriate to minimize any disruptions as much as possible.
- Work through budget process, including plant assignment for specific products and/or customers
- Develop relief plans for plants shown to be oversold
- Track relief incidents and costs
- Develop supply plans for plants going down for rebuild
- Track long term inventory position, including production, swings, budgeted shipments, to provide inventory level position in near and long term.
- Must be able to develop workable solutions for complex issues (oversold, production issues, transportation issues) in a sometimes high stress environment.
Interactions with Business
- Work with Business to develop supply plans for new customers, or any major changes in demand.
- Assist business by providing information regarding product and freight costs.
- Provide various supply scenarios to arrive at optimum supply plan, including relief cost expectations.
Interactions with Operations
- Work with plants to understand changes in production, overall supply ability
- Update projected plant output; highlight any significant departures from budget
- Work with plants to develop clear requirements, especially for support, and supply options
Interactions with Logistics, Finance, Accounting, Quality
- Develop an understanding of each area’s impact on overall supply
- Include appropriate area in discussions, and assign action items as required
- Closely review and scrutinize information and follow up as appropriate.