Public Health Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic III
at Public Health Management Corporation
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to PHMC work orders in a timely fashion with accurate diagnose and plan to repair including solicitation of proposals.
- Provide hands-on repairs in a variety building trades including: painting, plumbing, minor HVAC, carpentry, electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Provide instruction and oversight to a variety of sub-contractors when required to complete a work order.
- Read and understand diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals and schematic diagrams.
- Conduct moves within the PHMC locations.
- Safely utilize a variety of tools, equipment and materials for completing assigned projects.
- Complete out required paperwork in a neat and professional manner
STANDARD JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and upholds the mission, vision and values of PHMC in every aspect of work life.
- Ensures the privacy of all PHMC program residents and patients as it relates to HIPPA regulations.
- Cooperates with procedures and programs for safety, fire response, and security. Reports or corrects unsafe working conditions and equipment in need of repair.
- Respects privacy and confidentiality of resident, employee and operations data.
- Follows all regulatory requirements and PHMC’s ethical standards.
- Refuses to participate in sexual harassment and any illegal or discriminatory behavior. Reports any such behavior to a supervisor or member of the management team.
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers.
- Plans and completes job duties as assigned and uses appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up promptly with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Demonstrates behavior that places a high priority on customer service.
- Attends all required in-service training.
- Follows uniform and dress codes including attention to personal hygiene. Wears ID badge at all times while on duty.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Mechanic III will be required to handle the scheduling of daily mechanical operations under the direction of senior departmental members. Will be required to convey directions to subcontractors and mechanics under the direction of the Director of Maintenance or senior departmental members.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Extensive
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Graduate, Trade School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction related field.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 10 years experience in general maintenance work achieving 5000 hours in the trades. Six years working in one of the trades would be accepted.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Mechanics usually work in well-lit and ventilated areas, but since they work in many building locations, they may work in hot and cold temperatures, in dark places, in tight quarters, on ladders and scaffolding, in awkward positions, and around moving machinery and equipment. Mechanics must stand for long periods of time, and their work requires that they be able to bend, stoop, squat, lean, lift up to 100 lbs. and reach. Mechanics must be able to handle arduous, repetitious, tedious, complex and simple tasks in an efficient manner within a reasonable time. Mechanics must have excellent manual dexterity.
NOTE: This description incorporates the most typical duties performed. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.