Public Health Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Program Strategy and Integration
at Public Health Management Corporation
Health Promotion Council of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Inc. (HPC) is a nonprofit public health organization focused on improving the health of vulnerable populations through a combination of direct service, training and technical assistance, and policy and systems change initiatives. HPC is a subsidiary of Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), one of the nation’s largest nonprofit public health institutes.
HPC’s Senior Director, Program Strategy and Integration is responsible for leading the strategic development, administration, and integration of Health Promotion Council’s portfolio of programs and services. Primary responsibilities include: (1) building and diversifying HPC’s revenue portfolio through effective stewardship of funds and partnerships; (2) leading the work of developing, monitoring, and refining HPC’s integrated model of care that gives attention to the whole person by addressing modifiable determinants of health that influence health behaviors and overall health; (3) providing direct supervision, mentoring, and professional development of leadership team members; and (4) positioning the organization for continued success by remaining abreast of industry trends, being actively engaged in external relationship cultivation and management, and serving as a leading voice for health promotion on behalf of the organization.
The Senior Director Program Strategy and Integration requires visionary leadership capacity; strong program conceptualization, development, and implementation experience; as well as critical, analytical, and strategic thinking, problem solving, relationship and fiscal management skills. This leadership position requires extensive experience with direct supervision of senior and mid-level staff, as well as strong interpersonal skills with multiple parties across multiple sectors, including communities engaged in development and implementation of services. The Senior Director supports the HPC Executive Director and PHMC Managing Director and serves as a primary contact for the organization in his/her absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates and provides leadership in all aspects of organizational strategic planning process through all phases, including development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic priorities across the organization – particularly related to program development and innovation, alignment of model of care with evidence and national best practices, and positioning of organization
- Leads the tracking of strategic priorities in partnership with the Senior Director for Operations and Quality
- Develops a vision for and implements innovative, culturally-responsive programs and services that align with and/or expand the evidence-base for effective health promotion and public health approaches and client services
- Provides strategic and operational guidance to program leaders in the areas of program planning, development, and growth; program/service integration; concept development and articulation; outcome dissemination, positioning, and visibility
Program Planning, Development, and Integration
- Leads, and provides guidance on, work of planning for program growth, expansion, and shifts to facilitate seamless transitions for clients and staff, growth that aligns with client need and internal infrastructure, and effective positioning for the organization’s future
- Leads program team in the integration of programs and services across HPC and broader PHMC family of programs and subsidiaries to facilitate implementation of consistent model of care that addresses the whole client
Growth & Expansion
- In alignment with strategic plan, leads development of vision and execution for new innovative methods and approaches to address community health needs, yielding the expansion of programs and services locally, regionally and or nationally
- Supports Executive Director in establishing growth targets based on capacity, infrastructure, and external landscape
- Leads identification and cultivation of, and positioning for, new business opportunities to expand HPC’s portfolio with existing and new partners, including manage care organizations, health insurance companies and health care systems, and research community.
- Oversees proposal development and submissions across Health Promotion Council and Health Promotion Division to sustain and grow initiatives
- Seeks, identifies, cultivates, tracks, and responds to program growth opportunities across the organization
- Communicates vision and executes new innovative methods and approaches to solve community health problems, yielding expansion of programs and services locally, regionally and/or nationally
- Leads/convenes and participates in selected advisory, work, and strategic planning groups as determined in partnership with Executive Director
- Leads and oversees development and implementation of strategies to raise visibility of the organization among public health, health, and related fields, and among prospective clients and partners
- Represents the organization and speaks at state and local professional conferences and seminars on matters of importance to public health to market and raise visibility of HPC’s programs and services
Management & Supervision
- Serves as key division-wide leader growth and integration of programs and services, as well as the advancement of the organization and Health Promotion Services division of PHMC
- Provides oversight, and strategic direction for relevant program and service areas – with primary focus being direct client services, community-clinical integration, and public health and health care innovation
- Provides supervision for senior leadership staff, as well as coaching and mentoring to staff at all levels of the organization to support clear career pathways
- Successfully identifies, stewards, and strengthens partnerships to support ongoing communication among partners, identification of new or further partner opportunities, and overall stakeholder satisfaction
- Positions Health Promotion Council to convene and mobilize multi-sector networks to establish and maintain strong partnerships and/or collaborations around health equity issues.
- Attends regularly scheduled board, statewide, local and stakeholder meetings to maintain partnerships and advance Health Promotion Services.
- Participates in PHMC’s development strategic discussions to expand collaborations within Health Promotion Services and PHMC affiliate.
- Ensures that all development activity is appropriately captured in database for tracking purposes
- Supports Senior Director, Operations and Quality, in fulfillment of contracting process, to ensure timely completion of contracting process, and open communication across program and centralized contracting team
- Partners with Senior Director, Operations and Quality, to ensure alignment of infrastructure, organizational policy, and procedures with existing programming and future business opportunities
- Partners with Senior Director, Operations and Quality, to provide strategic direction with respect to onboarding of new projects; co-facilitates communication across program and operations teams regarding new programs and funders to facilitate adherence to project timelines and contracting requirements, fulfillment of deliverables (i.e., staffing, planning)
- Works with leadership and operations team to identify and implement process improvements through continuous quality improvement cycles
- Works in partnership with Senior Director Operations to develop, execute, and maintain HPC’s continuous quality improvement performance measures with respect to organizational and programmatic effectiveness and impact.
- Applies theoretical models, evidence, and knowledge of principles and practices of population/community health, health disparities and chronic diseases in designing and developing new programs and services
- Ensures that all contracted deliverables for relevant programs are completed according to schedule, ensures accountability of reporting staff
- Leads and facilitates regularly scheduled strategic planning and strategic initiative work groups
- Meets regularly with contracting partners to ensure satisfaction relevant programs and services
- Strengthens business operations with respect to development, implementation, and monitoring of grants management and communications/marketing strategies
- Staffs up to two HPC Board Committees
Professional Experiences and Requirements:
- Skillful in exercising leadership in a manner that builds connection among staff and teams, sense of ownership and engagement, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum seven years’ experience in senior management and managing large-scale projects and organizational operations
- Minimum seven years’ experience in program design and development, with background in health/health promotion
- Minimum seven years’ experience in supervising staff and fiscal/administrative oversight
- Demonstrated experience leading program and systems integration processes
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing health communications, promotion, and/or visibility strategies
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation skills, including abstracts, articles, grant proposals, and work statements
- Demonstrated experience with government contracts
- Strong business acumen, with experience in business model and budget preparation
- Ability to lead others in establishing priorities, working independently, and meeting competing deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of national public health, health care, and health promotion landscape – in particular, payment transformation, value-based care, and structural and modifiable determinants of health
- Ability to successfully engage with diverse people and various disciplines
- Experience in public health, health care or health-related organization, program design and development, policy/systems/environmental design and change
- Experience and comfort working in urban, rural and or suburban settings
- Master’s Degree in business, public health, education
- Certification in Project Management preferred
- Active engagement in professional associations and networks