Public Health Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Quality and Operations
at Public Health Management Corporation
Health Promotion Council of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Inc. (HPC) is a nonprofit public health organization focused on improving the health of vulnerable populations through a combination of direct service, training and technical assistance, and policy and systems change initiatives. HPC is a subsidiary of Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), one of the nation’s largest nonprofit public health institutes.
The Senior Director, Quality and Operations, is a member of HPC’s senior management team and leads all quality management and operations work. In particular, the Senior Director is responsible for monitoring and strengthening business operations, staff core competencies, organization-wide data and evaluation planning and implementation, and compliance related to all funded activities. Additionally, this position will provide leadership, management and technical capability to lead continuous quality improvement to the organization’s programs and operations, and ensure effective and efficient use of human and financial capital.
This position requires strong leadership, administrative, and management skills; strong critical, analytical, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills; and strong fiscal management, program management and oversight skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be politically astute to engage with mid- to high-level leaders, funders, partners, government officials, community members, and advocates within multiple sectors. Primary responsibilities include: quality and compliance leadership, data and evaluation planning and implementation, program and operations oversight, partnership development, and systems integration. The Senior Director supports the HPC Executive Director and PHMC Managing Director and serves as a primary contact for the organization in his/her absence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participates and provides leadership in all aspects of organizational strategic planning process through all phases, including development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies across organization – particularly related to quality, data collection and monitoring, and alignment of infrastructure to support strategic initiatives
- Leads the tracking of strategic priorities in partnership with the Senior Director for Program Growth and Integration
- Develops a vision for, and implements, innovative and approaches to organizational operations that continuously improve processes, outputs, and outcomes
- Provides strategic and operational guidance to program leaders – particularly in the area of operations, quality, evaluation, compliance, and relevant areas of expertise.
- Cultivates new business opportunities to expand HPC’s portfolio with manage care organizations, health insurance companies and health care systems.
- Develops and stewards relationships with funders and partners to support sustainability and growth of department, develop new opportunities, and inform research and public health trends.
- Ensures that all staff are informed of and comply with PHMC and HPC policies and procedures, in particular changes to policies and procedures
- Actively participates in PHMC committees and advisory groups, when applicable.
Growth and Expansion
- Leads, supports, and contributes to proposal development and submissions to sustain and grow key strategic initiatives in relevant areas of expertise
- Contributes to organizational growth by ensuring operations and infrastructure align with growth targets and new business opportunities (i.e., through regulatory and contract compliance)
- Meets growth targets as per annual performance objectives/milestones
- Provides broad oversight and strategic direction on day-to-day operations and ensures, in partnership with the Senior Director for Program Growth and Integration, that infrastructure supports with program growth and sustainability
- Serves as primary point of contact for all PHMC centralized support services, ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures, compliance with contract and regulatory requirements (i.e., data security, privacy, insurance), and open communication
- Oversees all aspects of regulatory compliance across HPC and facilitates alignment with PHMC Health Promotion Division and PHMC Human Resources
- Facilitates the coordination with PHMC’s Organizational Development and Learning team and other program leaders related to the identification and fulfillment of staff training needs
- Oversees fulfillment of contracting process, led by Operations Manager, including monitoring contracting process to ensure timely completion of contracting process, and open communication across program and centralized contracting team
- Oversees and provides strategic direction with respect to onboarding of new projects, and facilitates communication across program and operations teams regarding new programs and funders to facilitate adherence to project timelines and contracting requirements, fulfillment of deliverables (i.e., staffing, planning)
- Works with leadership and operations team to identify and implement process improvements through continuous quality improvement cycles
Management & Supervision
- Serves as key division-wide leader supporting the quality and integration of programs and services, as well as the advancement of the organization and Health Promotion Services division of PHMC
- Provides overall leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for relevant program and service areas – with primary focus being clinical and clinical integration, health systems and health care innovation, and policy/systems/environmental change
- Provides supervision and coaching for senior leadership staff, as well as coaching and mentoring to staff at all levels of the organization to support clear career pathways
- Provides guidance and support to senior staff on coaching, professional development, and career pathway support to junior staff
- Oversees the development and implementation of standardized approach to Performance Management Tool (PMT) (i.e., quarterly engagement, application of performance goals tied to career trajectory)
- Coordinates with program leaders to identify skill-based training needs to support staff development
- Monitors completion of PMT requirements
Data & Quality
- Applies theoretical models and knowledge of principles and practices of population/community health, health disparities, and health promotion to implement a broad, division-wide data collection and outcome measurement framework in partnership with PHMC’s Research & Evaluation Group
- Develops and oversees implementation of HPC and division-wide dashboards and key performance indicators demonstrating program and operational outcomes and trends
- Works in partnership with Senior Director, Program Strategy and Integration in developing, implementing, and monitoring key process and performance indicators, and outcomes measurement
- Provides coaching and guidance to senior staff on utilization of data to inform program development and quality improvement
- Leads integration and development of research studies that yield submission of abstracts and manuscripts to conferences and peer-review journals
- Seeks, identifies, and responds to publication and presentation opportunities to disseminate program outcomes
- Successfully identifies, stewards, and strengthens partnerships to support ongoing communication among partners, identification of new or further partner opportunities, and overall stakeholder satisfaction
- Leads implementation of HPC’s internal/external operation and program integration model to build and develop synergistic opportunities among HPC, PHMC, PHMC family of affiliates, and external partners, with the goal of improving organizational practices and systems, increasing partnerships, and growing the business
- Understands the functions and operations of professional organizations, state and local agencies and educational and medical institutions to ensure HPC has the capacity to do business with these partners
- Serves as HPC liaison with PHMC HR, Fiscal and IS department as ensuring PHMC corporation
- systems are integrated with HPC and across Health Promotion Services.
- Ensures that all contracted deliverables for relevant programs are completed according to schedule, ensures accountability of reporting staff
- Attends regularly scheduled internal senior management, statewide, local and stakeholder meetings to maintain partnerships and advance HPC’s mission
- Leads and facilitates regularly scheduled administrative and management meetings
- Participates in selected advisory and strategic planning groups as determined by the Executive Director
- Develops/cultivates team work and team atmosphere among mid- and high-level management
- Communicates and trouble shoots centralization activities on behalf of HPC and HPS
- Meets regularly with contracting partners to ensure satisfaction relevant programs and services
- Strengthens internal business operations (staff competency, program management, donor database, human resources, fiscal and IT systems, etc.) in partnership with PHMC using project management software and evaluation metrics
- Staffs up to two HPC Board Committees
- Represents the organization and speaks at conferences and with professional groups about health promotion, public health, health care innovation and community-clinical integration, and relevant areas of expertise.
- Active participant in identifying opportunities to disseminate information about programs and outcomes among public health, health care, and related fields, and among prospective participants and partners
Professional Experiences and Requirements
- Skillful in exercising leadership in a manner that builds connection among staff and teams, sense of ownership and engagement, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum seven years’ experience in senior management and managing large-scale projects and organizational operations
- Minimum seven years’ experience in program evaluation and quality improvement, with background in qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies, data collection and reporting
- Minimum seven years’ experience in supervising staff and fiscal/administrative oversight
- Demonstrated experience leading systems integration processes
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation skills, including abstracts, articles, grant proposals, and work statements
- Demonstrated experience with government contracts
- Strong business acumen, with experience in business model and budget preparation
- Ability to lead others in establishing priorities, working independently, and meeting competing deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of national public health, health care, and health promotion landscape – in particular, payment transformation, value-based care, and structural and modifiable determinants of health
- Ability to successfully engage with diverse people and various disciplines
- Experience in health care or health-related organization, policy/systems/environmental design and change
- Experience and comfort working in urban, rural and or suburban settings
- Master’s Degree in business, public health, education
- Certification in Project Management preferred
- Active engagement in professional associations and networks