Public Health Management Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategy Development Coordinator
at Public Health Management Corporation
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) seeks a versatile development professional with strong writing skills to join its fast-paced strategy development team. The Strategy Development Coordinator will report to the Strategy Development Manager and will be a key staff member of the Centralized Communications and Strategy Development Team at PHMC. The Strategy Development Coordinator will focus primarily on a public health funding portfolio for services in the Greater Philadelphia region, including Southern New Jersey and Delaware.
The role requires a highly-skilled, experienced development and relationship-driven professional with leadership, strategic vision, business development and grant-writing skills, to refine and carry out the business development strategy for PHMC and its affiliate organizations.
General duties of the role include new program development in collaboration with senior management and mid-level management staff across the corporation to grow existing business lines, develop new business lines, and promote integration of services across businesses for growth and efficiency.
- Prepare and write letters of interest, grant proposals, reports and other materials that are responsive to funder guidelines, including assembling required documentation and budgets.
- Gather information from PHMC employees across the enterprise, including the organization’s subsidiaries, to articulate goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes and challenges appropriately to funders.
- Develop, edit, and present grant proposals to management for approval, maintain tracking for all grants including due date, renewal date, and submission of progress reports, and package final grant application and send with appropriate attachments.
- Attend in-person, telephone, and online training and conferences relating to grant writing, local funding priorities, or specific funders/applications.
- Draft and provide support letters and other documentation, as needed, for partners submitting funding applications for which PHMC is a sub-contractor or will otherwise be involved in the provision of programs.
- Support data entry and data management of the Grant Management System and help maintain the integrity of the database via regular maintenance and data-cleaning.
- Support cataloguing and organization of centralized repository of key documents and boilerplate language for proposals.
- Provide project defined internal and external communications work such as annual reports and newsletters.
- Strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, both in person and on phone
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment, working both independently and as a team member
- Comfort working in a diverse, multicultural environment, and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences
- High energy, high degree of initiative, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail.
- Strong partnership-building skills.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Thorough understanding of data and the ability to translate data into compelling narrative prose.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle several projects at one time.
- Excellent judgment.
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- At least two years’ experience working in a nonprofit environment, preferably health and human services related, writing grants and preparing proposals.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in public health, education, public administration, or related field.
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Grade 18