Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager - Tokyo, Japan
PXG is a rapidly growing company and expanding its operations into the Japan market. This position will work closely overseeing the local Japan team, and responsible for all operational and sales aspects and other duties as needed for PXG Japan.
- Lead the team in executing the strategic business plan: 3-5-year Sales and Operations planning for Japan and key parts of Korea and SE Asia, in conjunction with overseeing the operational set-up to provide direct sales process in Japan.
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams to setup and develop key sales channels.
- Work with the team to establish yearly, quarterly and monthly forecasting budgets and metrics.
- Hire and train team for efficient operations.
- Work with the team to analyze workflow efficiencies, and key performance indicators and trends.
- Assist team with creating and maintaining safety procedures.
- Provide team leadership to set goals, anticipate issues, motivate team, and build a high-performance culture.
- Ensure teams maintain strong communications with PXG-US and provide weekly progress updates.
Experience and Education Required
- Previous experience in assisting a start-up operation
- 10+ General Management/Leadership experience
- Prior Golf industry experience
- Education equivalent to an US-advanced business degree
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
- Teamwork, Leadership, Project Management, Performance Management, Business Acumen
- Detailed understanding of Japanese golf markets and consumer trends
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter
- Demonstrated confidentiality, honesty and integrity in all situations
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and CRM/sales database experience helpful
- Travel 20-30% of the time (throughout locations in Japan) and several times a year to US headquarters
Local Candidates encouraged to apply