Radio One Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Radio One Inc
The Radio One story began simply with a dream and one radio station. Thirty-five years, 16 markets, and 50+ stations later, we are an urban media empire, spanning multiple media platforms.
We are in your ears with Reach Media/Radio One, on your televisions with TV One, and may even be the name behind your favorite website, with our digital platform Interactive One.
Information is power, and our mission here at Radio One, Inc. is simple – to be the most trusted media source in the African-American community.
At Radio One, we pride ourselves on hiring people who are dedicated and continue to challenge the norm, while embracing a corporate culture built on creativity and passion. We are our employees’ biggest fans, and it is our daily mission to attract, develop, and retain the brightest stars in the business.
Radio One is looking for a Part-Time Board Operator to join our team! The Board Operator performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs originating in the studio, from syndications, or from remote pickup points.
- Airs live and pre-recorded shows
- Completes traffic logs and fixes logging discrepancies
- Airs emergency alert system tests as indicated
- Engineers remote broadcasts and follows station procedures.
- Regulates timing of programs, operates syndicated programming and plays commercials and promotions as scheduled
- Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers
- Monitors contest and updates weather, traffic, and news reports into automation equipment
- Performs on-air announcements or shifts as assigned
- Assists with remote appearances
- Takes transmitter readings and maintains transmitter logs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Six months of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Monitors station contest
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer