Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Riddle Village
- 12-Jun-2019 (EST)
- Media, PA, USA
- Full Time
Riddle Village, a lifecare retirement community, is seeking a Full Time Maintenance Mechanic to join our Facility Operations Team!
About Riddle Village and Our Employees:
Riddle Village offers the best value among life care communities in the Delaware Valley. The community was developed to meet the retirement and healthcare needs of active, independent adults age 62 and better. Should it ever be needed, Riddle Village's lifecare protection plan provides access to the Community's health care services onsite, offering both assisted living and skilled nursing. In addition, Riddle Village offers all of the social, recreational, educational and cultural activities a resident could want in a vital, thriving community. The Community is proud to provide our residents several dining venue options, offering fine dining, buffet, pub-style, and café services.
Considering all of the services and amenities available to our residents, it is easy to understand why Riddle Village is considered retirement living at its finest. But none of this would be possible without our exceptional, dedicated associates.
Riddle Village's culture has a simple philosophy, "Smile and say hello, everything else will follow". Everywhere you turn in the community, you are greeted with a warm smile and a welcoming hello. With over 300 dedicated associates, there is always someone offering our residents a helping hand, a caring ear to listen, or just a friendly smile to let you know that we are all part of the team and together we will continue to make Riddle Village the best community possible. If you are enthusiastic about working with the elderly and you are looking to be part of an incredible team and pleasant work environment, then Riddle Village may be the place for you!
About the Maintenance Mechanic Position:
Under the supervision of the Facility Operations Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic performs repairs on both a scheduled and as-needed basis in compliance with established Facility Operations safety policies and procedures. The Maintenance Mechanic performs duties both inside and outside of the facility. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• performing interior and exterior repairs on both a scheduled and as-needed basis, and coordinates repair work with other departments;
• assisting in fire alarm tests and participating in fire drills and emergency evacuation exercises;
• performing daily maintenance checks of building, grounds, and facilities;
• assisting inspectors and contractors as needed in testing and inspecting, or repairing equipment, utility/emergency systems, and structures
• requisitioning supplies and equipment as authorized by the Facility Operations Manager or Director of Facility Operations, and reporting when supplies or equipment is needed;
• maintaining tools and equipment in good working order, securing tool storage areas, and assuring work areas and storage areas are neat and orderly;
• assisting with the removal of snow as needed. This includes but is not limited to shoveling, plowing, and salting; and
• performing other related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations.
This job entails a weekend rotation of 2 back-to-back weekends worked and 8 weekends off. It also has a holiday rotation and on-call schedule.
• Must have a genuine interest in working for the elderly
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service
• Must have completed high school or equivalent, preferably with a vocational trade concentration
• At least one year's previous facility maintenance experience is desired but not required
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions, and speak the English language
• Must be able to operate hand tools and equipment, and read common measuring instruments
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, both individually and as part of a team
• Must be able to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to moving objects.
• Must be able to fulfill the weekend rotation described above, as well as the holiday rotation and on-call schedule.