Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RR Donnelley
Responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in sheetfed print production operations. Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources. Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements. Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules. Participate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures. Maintain a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods.
- Drive safety and quality-first culture.
- Resolve daily safety, quality, and production concerns.
- Administer quality corrective and prevention action program for hourly shift employees.
- Administer attendance program for hourly shift employees.
- Participate in plant focus groups: safety, quality, and productivity.
- Perform annual performance reviews for hourly shift employees.
- Conduct department shift meetings, as needed.
- Respond to production issues (in-house) telephone, email.
- Interact with other departments for service, quality, and staffing.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out- tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other productivity improvement projects, related duties, and participates in special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
Responsible for hourly employees on one shift or multiple overlapping shifts. Responsibilities include coaching, counseling, corrective action, and motivation.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and production reporting experience).
- Must be able to read and understand job tickets.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good communication and people skills, both written and verbal.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate well with both supervisors and employees regarding problem areas and quality concerns.
- Must be able to communicate regarding customer and sales requirements.
- Must be adept with fractions, decimals, and multiple units of measurements.
- Must be able to recognize safety issues and immediately formulate appropriate corrective action.
- Must be able to decide and/or recommend whether product should be sent to customer.
- Continuously make judgments regarding quality of products.
- Must be able to lift, pull, and push 60 pounds.
- Required to stand constantly.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, some college or trade school preferred, and/ or five to seven years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead or supervise others.
- Previous experience in the operation of a printing press or work in a printing environment preferred.