School Lane Charter School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Future Consideration: Middle/High School Teacher (All Subjects - Grades 7-12)
at School Lane Charter School
School Lane Charter School is now accepting applications for anticipated teaching positions in at our IB campus (Grades 7-12) for the 2019-2020 school year.
If you are hired, you will be expected to attend new teacher orientation on August 12 & 13, 2019 as well as the week of staff professional development from August 14 to August 21, 2019. First day of school for students is August 22, 2019.
An SLCS teacher is responsible for planning, instruction, activities and assessments based on the SLCS curriculum. Teachers are tasked with creating an integrated instructional program that supports an inclusion-based learning approach fostering a safe environment that respects academic and cultural diversity. Additionally, teachers are expected to work together with other teaching and support professionals in a collaborative manner to provide teaching strategies and methods that address a wide range of learning styles, individual needs, interests, abilities, and maturity levels of students.
- Designs, develops, and delivers curriculum and instructional programs in alignment with the mission and vision of the school.
- Creates and maintains engaging classroom environments that promote inquiry-based learning and discussions.
- Uses multiple forms of authentic assessment to interpret, assess, evaluate, and report student learning outcomes.
- Participates in back to school night, parent-teacher conferences, and other school events.
- Plans and coordinates unit exhibitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Pennsylvania K-12 or 7-12 certification required
- Prior experience in IB Middle Years or Diploma Programmes a plus
- Understanding and commitment to inclusive learning
- Strong researching, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office
Applicants who do not yet have their PA teaching certificate may upload the official College Verification of Eligibility Letter, which states you have successfully completed the program and are eligible for certification in lieu of the PA teaching certification document.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the following: your ability to establish that you are authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of criminal, child abuse, and FBI background checks; successful completion of reference checks; and successful completion of required drug testing.
Thank you for your interest in a teaching position with School Lane Charter School. Please understand the submission of an application does not guarantee a screening interview. You will be contacted if selected for an interview.
School Lane Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)