School Lane Charter School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education - Middle/High School
at School Lane Charter School
School Lane Charter School is now accepting applications for a middle/high school Special Education Teacher for for the 2019-2020 school year.
If you are hired, you will be expected to attend new teacher orientation on August 12 & 13, 2019 as well as the week of staff professional development from August 14 to August 21, 2019. First day of school for students is August 22, 2019.
- Work in cooperation with the classroom teachers to identify students who may be at risk academically and/or behaviorally.
- Refer students for evaluation based on performance and behavioral concerns.
- Assess students’ developmental, cognitive, emotional and social needs, and learning styles. Provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers to develop and implement developmentally appropriate instruction and activities that integrate, support, and expand the SLCS curricula.
- Modify project, test and other classroom assignments as indicated in students IEP.
- Complete academic testing and administer school wide assessments to identify students to be placed in or out of the Special Education program.
- Develop IEP within established guidelines and monitor compliance.
- Provide direct services and classroom support for special needs students in an inclusion model.
- Act as “case manager” to identified Special Education students. This includes but is not limited to arranging and verifying all IEP team meetings, issuing documentation in compliance with federal time lines for all special education processes, and maintaining all related documentation.
- Complete IEP Progress Reports for each student to coincide with progress reports issued on a trimester basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Pennsylvania K-12 or 7-12 certification in Special Education required
- Pennsylvania certification in Math 7-12 or English 7-12 a plus
- Prior experience in IB Middle Years or Diploma Programmes a plus
- Understanding and commitment to inclusive learning
- Strong researching, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office
Applicants who do not yet have their PA teaching certificate may upload the official College Verification of Eligibility Letter, which states you have successfully completed the program and are eligible for certification in lieu of the PA teaching certification document.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the following: your ability to establish that you are authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of criminal, child abuse, and FBI background checks; successful completion of reference checks; and successful completion of required drug testing.
Thank you for your interest in a teaching position with School Lane Charter School. Please understand the submission of an application does not guarantee a screening interview. You will be contacted if selected for an interview.
School Lane Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)