Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the safe operation of all equipment and maintain the crematorium, equipment and adjacent facilities.
- Care for deceased in a respectful manner while performing all the tasks involved in the cremation process.
- Deliver cremated remains to the appropriate funeral home.
- Receive remains and ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Complete all required documentation with respect to cremation process and equipment maintenance.
- Finalize details discussed during arrangement conferences.
- Handles the day-to-day general janitorial duties to ensure upkeep of Crematory.
- Strict adherence to all professional, municipal, state and federal licensing authority regulations applicable to the cremation of human remains.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School equivalency required.
- Must have proper/active state certification for crematory operator.
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
- Ability to effectively and quickly complete tasks and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and execute memos and directives from supervisors and/or management.
- Must abide by all company policies and keep all employee information confidential.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 80lbs.
At Cremation Society of Pennsylvania, our mission is to provide peace of mind through end of life planning, offering families dignified and affordable cremation services. Certified a Great Place to Work in 2018, we understand our team members are our greatest asset, and provide a Work/Life Balance unique for our industry.
Why work for Cremation Society of Pennsylvania? We are the largest provider of cremation and pre-arrangement services in the industry. In addition to Work/Life Balance, some rewarding benefits we provide include:
- Generous compensation package
- Competitive health and wellness plans (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, wellness credits, etc.)
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal time)
- Job related training, tuition reimbursement and career path development
- Funeral discounts, and more