Severn Trent Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operator - Waste Water
at Severn Trent Services
About Severn Trent Services
At Severn Trent Services, we understand water. We are committed to providing quality service and environmental leadership to our customers and clients. Our services help protect and preserve the world’s most precious resource.
We make the best people even BETTER
Severn Trent recognizes the value that our experienced employees bring to the job and we believe in hiring and promoting from within because we train for success and continuous growth. We are in search of additional team players that are inspired to deliver an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. It all starts with our people - At Severn Trent Services, you make a difference! We value high performance, hard work, honesty and teamwork. Feel the sense of empowerment when you know your contribution really matters.
About the position
Severn Trent Services is looking to hire Operators who are in search of a rewarding career and further growth. We believe our Operators are our greatest assets and we provide fully paid certification incentives and training classes to encourage employees to continue to improve their skills. Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining equipment for the treatment of water or wastewater, from small to the largest sized water and wastewater treatment facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine testing, monitoring, and maintenance of production wells
- Performs treatment process and maintenance of treatment facility equipment to assure proper operations
- Conducts routine sampling and field testing of water and/or wastewater
- Compiles data for chemical use and keeps records on equipment and plant operations
- Engages in the emergency repair and maintenance of treatment equipment, pumps, motors, sensing devices, instrumentation, and electrical equipment.
- Ensures that facilities are secure
- Evaluates processes and makes necessary changes
- Diagnoses problems and performs repairs in facilities and systems
- Responds to call outs and after hours emergencies
- Initiates and completes work orders
- Trains employees on proper plant operations, repair and installation techniques and safe work practices
- Provides customer service functions when necessary
- May clean and maintain treatment plant grounds when necessary
- May communicate with client and customers related to routine technical aspects of operations
- May coordinate maintenance activities at the treatment facility
Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions
Skills and Abilities:
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience: A minimum of two years or higher relevant experience
- License: Ground Water or Waste Water licenses required
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to load, unload, and move large equipment and tools
- Continuous walking, stair climbing, and lifting
- Must be able to access confined spaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
High school diploma or equivalent and 6 months-1 years related experience