Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales and Marketing
at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
You LOVE sales; but you’re most passionate about strategically driving peak outcomes and orchestrating talent to make it happen. Does this resonate with you? Then, Interstate’s Director of Sales position may be your next winning lead!
As Director of Sales, you will
- Manage all aspects of the sales and marketing division. Provide the strategic vision for maximum hotel sales generation and optimal revenue growth.
- Lead a talented sales team that makes the vision reality. You create an environment energized by the art of the possible, where talented, win-driven professionals are excited to join, learn, exceed their best, and advance. You lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Effectively channel your knowledge of the competitive landscape. Assess the effectiveness of company programs to determine optimum revenues using Interstate system reports and market data, in order to innovate.
- Forge relationships and build rapport. Cultivate, enhance and leverage external and internal relationships to elevate hotel and market share awareness and drive business.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure the division’s sales plan is on budget to meet or exceed revenue expectations and profit goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent experience or education is required. Five years experience within hotels sales, with two years minimum as department head (such as Director, Group Sales) is required, also. Highly developed written and verbal English communication skills to effectively negotiate, persuade, influence, and sell are critical. Expect local travel, weekly. And, national or international travel is possible four to five times per year.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.