Snap-on Business Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Snap-on Business Solutions
- Job ID
Snap-on Industrial has a 1st shift machine operator opening located at the Throop, Pennsylvania Distribution Center.
Will work within the weld shop, cutting, welding, packaging, and shipping band saw blades within specifications. Will operate the band saw weld shop equipment and be cross trained to operate multiple machines in multiple functions. Must be able to perform each of these functions in a safe manner that ensures the production of a quality product in compliance with all quality and production standard operating procedures and requirements.
- Cut band saw coil stock, weld band saw blades and package finish product, as required
- Set up band saw welding equipment and make adjustments, as necessary
- Ensure that all product conforms to product specifications
- Perform in-process quality checks; visually inspect work done in previous operations before continuing to perform further operations
- Make proper machine adjustment to correct, as needed
- Perform basic meteorologic tests to determine product quality and do spot checks during runs
- Stop any process that is producing non-conforming product
- Participate in cross training to operate multiple machines, such as welders, grinders, and cutters
- Complete shipping and receiving functions
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including keeping cutting and welding equipment in good working condition
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 Years previous experience as a machine operator, minimum
- Basic math aptitude, including ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, work with decimals and fractions and read a tape measure
- Mechanically inclined and quality oriented
- Knowledge of/ability to work with precision measuring tools, such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Must be dependable, willing to work overtime and adjust schedule, per business needs
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package and a complete benefits package which includes which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401k Savings plan, a pension plan, tuition reimbursement, a legal services plan, an employee stock purchase plan, a discount on Snap-on products, and more.
Snap-on offers a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply. Local candidates in the greater Scranton, Throop, or Clarks Summit area are encouraged to apply as we are not offering relocation at this time, nor is this position eligible for the employee referral program.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.