Symphony Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
National Account Director - East Coast or Midwest
at Symphony Health Solutions
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-PA-Blue Bell | US-PA-Philadelphia | US-NJ | US-DE | US-NY | US-IL-Chicago | US-IN
- Consulting Services
National Account Director, East Coast or Midwest
A National Account Director (East Coast or Midwest) is a senior executive who acts as the principal point of contact with select Symphony Health Solutions (SHS) customers. The NAD leads an integrated account team comprised of product and service experts, who are generally dedicated or aligned with these select customers. The NAD is the principal leader for these client relationships and is ultimately responsible for fulfilling the sales targets and cultivating the SHS relationship and performance.
The NAD is the principle author/coordinator of the account business plan which is developed in collaboration with fellow account team members. This account business plan becomes the primary document that prioritizes and drives the activity of the account team and provides for quantitative and qualitative measures and metrics for account success.
This position's focus will be our non-pharma sales team: clients in consulting, governmental, financial, academic, etc. organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The NAD serves as the “general manager” and ultimately the person responsible for the SHS relationship and performance. Fulfilling these broad responsibilities requires a detailed understanding of the client, our company, our products and services, and an understanding of the processes and methods to fulfill client expectations and our sales targets. Successful large account management relies on strong capabilities in leading and directing matrixed teams and managing multiple agendas.
There are numerous business processes for which the NADs must be SMEs:
-Account Business Planning Process
-Sales forecasting and funnel process
-Pricing and contracting process
-Sales development process: from idea generation & client problem/question through the offer development, negotiation and deal close, and the implementation of the Plan of Action.
-The NAD will also be expected to fully leverage the Sales Force Automations tools and related reporting applications as is necessary.
Given the nature of these clients it is essential that the NAD possess a strong executive presence and cultivates a client relationship across the client organization, including the client c-suite.
- Organizing and establishing the necessary business rhythm and communications approach for the team.
- Line of sight to account team client contact, including full knowledge of existing business, new business development and account growth as executed on a day-to-day basis by the account team members.
- Assuring the account team’s execution of the strategic account plan, including development and implementation of qualitative and quantitative metrics for achieving account success.
- Managing/organizing day to day direction of account team activities to ensure proactive and seamless pursuit of business with assigned accounts – while the NAD is not involved in every customer interaction, they are informed, engaged, and consulted in order to provide high level support and team direction.
- Serves as the high level client contact.
- Proactively builds deeper strategic relationships at higher levels within the accounts, e.g., C-suite level contacts.
- Being the go-to resource of the account team for senior SHS management to report performance against both the strategic account plan and revenue targets.
- Frequently monitors and reports activity against plan.
- Acts as a team leader by keeping the Team informed, clarifying methods for working together, reminding Team of its common Goal, and conducting productive Team meetings.
- Meets or exceeds appropriate financial goals for the Team
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, drive, rigor and a sense of urgency when managing the business.
- Knows when to share decision making and when not to… taking ownership for difficult decisions.
- Keeps on top of changes and trends in the marketplace and how these impact the business.
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing, or equivalent.
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Project Management, Business, or its equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of progressively-responsible and relevant experience.
- Large account management experience.
- Sales and Marketing experience.
- Experience working with Health Care Claims data.
- Experience selling into any of the following types of organizations is preferred: consulting, governmental, financial, and/or academic.
- Strategic vision
- Attentiveness to detail
- High level of personal accountability
- Knowledge of working in a matrix environment and leading teams
- Well-developed sense for SHS' business
- Ability to manage complexity
- Financial acumen
- Must reside in the East Coast or Midwest
- Travel as required; likely 15% of the time, or less
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They’re not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. Symphony Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.