Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Contracts Manager
The Contracts Manager has the following primary responsibilities:
- Establishes contracting and contract risk management policies for any and all Synovos business/commercial contracts including, but not limited to contracts/agreements with customers and suppliers as well as leases and rental agreements for facilities and equipment.
- The Business Contracts Manager reviews and approves all business/commercial contracts to ensure compliance with contract and risk management policies
- Supports contract owners from all Synovos departments during the development or modification of contracts/agreements. As an example:
- Participating in contract development process for revenue-generating contracts with our customers including contract renewals, amendments and change orders
- Collaborating closely with the SVP Sales and key leaders in Finance and Operations functions to develop contract pricing strategies
- Evaluating the impact of pricing strategies on people, process, and systems to support ongoing compliant and profitable contracting operations
- Working with the Sales Operations team to effectively communicate the features, responsibilities, and accountabilities associated with new and amended contracts
- Works with contract owners to ensure contract compliance including periodic reviews/audits of contract compliance.
- Providing guidance and support to Operations in ensuring that contract terms are adhered to, changes in scope are properly addressed, and that the contract is amended when necessary
- Works with outside legal counsel as needed.
- Assesses contract risk and works with contract owners to address those risks including risks arising from outside market forces such as inflation, tariffs, customer or suppliers mergers and acquisitions, and competitors.
- Assists Operations and Sales in contract renewals and in developing innovative contract approaches responding to market conditions and competition
- Looks forward to bring best contract practices to the Synovos team delivering customer value and reducing Synovos risk, while maximizing profit opportunity.
The Contracts Manager will also lead the development and application of a variety of vendor and subcontractor agreements.
- The Contracts Manager will work with the Company’s HR/Training team to ensure Operations staff training programs are designed to facilitate successful client contract execution.
The ideal candidate will have significant contract management expertise, excellent leadership, collaboration, communication, and customer service skills, substantive experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts while maintaining strong, vibrant internal and external client relationships.
Experience with life sciences, manufacturing, and procurement industries service agreements experience preferred, but not necessary. The ideal candidate will have dealt with service agreements in which services are performed on client sites.
Skills and Past Experience:
- Experience with Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work
- Strong legal drafting skills
- Ability to analyze complex business transactions and legal risks to advance practical contractual solutions
- Excellent leadership skills
- Process-oriented, organized and proactive approach to contract drafting and negotiation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate contractual issues to all stakeholders
- Value importance of teamwork
- Independent worker and self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied negotiations with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Possess financial and business acumen
- Experience coordinating outside counsel support
- Ability to establish project management plans with internal and external stakeholders and support negotiations in accordance with aggressive timeline
Education and License:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical Field
- MBA preferred
Minimum Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience developing, negotiating, and managing commercial service agreements (preference in life sciences and manufacturing with onsite services)