Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fixed Assets Accounting Manager in Wayne, PA at Tekni-Plex, Inc
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Corporate Office
Location: Corporate Office (Wayne)
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
The Fixed Asset Manager is responsible for managing the accounting for the Company’s fixed assets and monitoring their depreciation from a book and tax perspective. The Fixed Asset Manager will use standard accounting and tax practices to record and track all transactions related to the company's fixed assets. This position is also responsible for oversight of the Capital Expenditure Request (”CER”) process, including development and implementation of best practices related to the CER life cycle.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintains primary responsibility for all accounting and reporting related to the Company’s global fixed assets and capital expenditures;
- Review and oversight of the monthly close process associated with fixed assets;
- Develop and implement best practices with respect to the CER process;
- Produce detailed and summary capital expenditure analysis, including total cash spend, projected to actual to budget analysis;
- Assist with the annual global capital expenditure budgeting process;
- Monitor status of all capital projects, monthly account analysis including reconciliations, fixed asset journal entries and preparation of monthly reports for all divisions.
- Review and oversee the recording of new assets and assets disposal and transfer in the general ledger as well as Fixed Assets System (FAS).
- Maintain fixed assets activities in FAS for all international locations.
- Responsible for providing training to FAS users.
- Prepare and review consolidated monthly CIP rollforward schedules. Report capital expenditures and other various key performance metrics to management monthly.
- Review and approve CIP and Fixed assets account reconciliations and propose necessary journal entries and adjustments for all divisions.
- Assist BU controllers on preparing the CER forms to ensure the expenditures are compliance with Company’s capitalization policies.
- Enhance and monitor the compliance of capitalization and purchasing order policies related to capital projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of fixed asset accounts rollforward reconciliations, depreciation calculations and analysis.
- Work closely with engineering department / project management group to monitor progress and spending on capital projects per CER.
- Ensure the operation and effectiveness of key process (operational and financial) controls for CIP and Fixed assets through regular review and testing.. Assist BU to perform physical counts and perform annual fixed asset impairment analysis.
- Review and ensure the data integrity of the Fixed Asset database (FAS) as BUs process transactions for accounting, tax, and statutory books
- Evaluate the impact of new accounting standards, and their impact to the Various ad hoc reporting requests from Management, Legal, and other Business Partners related to PP&E
- Participation with other Business Areas on projects that will impact PP&E related systems.
- Actively participates in M&A accounting by coordinating and/or overseeing internal/external effort needed to properly complete fair value accounting for related fixed assets.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or International Business is required.
- 7+ years of experience in accounting and managing Fixed Assets.
- CPA certification or equivalent international certification is preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of FAS (Fixed Asset System) and Projects modules strongly preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and the ability to work with other departments within the organization to implement business solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must be detailed, organized and task oriented. Able to meet deadlines, follow through on commitments and deliver on promises.
- Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to present oneself in a professional manner.
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Headquartered in Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA, our worldwide presence and strength give us access to a broad range of material and developmental resources. In addition, our businesses work in highly regulated markets and have decades of expertise in navigating global regulatory requirements. This enables us to create and service products remarkable for their safety, reliability, consistency and quality throughout all our global divisions – to help our customers meet their goals.
Why Work for Tekni-Plex
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud! Learn more about what sets us apart.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .