The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Facility Director, SECURITY
at The Geo Group
Facility: Luzeme 1 - Roth Hall
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the overall daily security operations of the facility through management of security supervisory staff and detention officers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct supervision and guidance to security supervisory staff.
- Ensures overall security operations are conducted in accordance with established policies, procedures.
- Coordinates facility training program in conjunction with federal, state, local and corporate requirements/guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring required security inspections of the facility are conducted and documented (i.e., shift, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Responsible for ensuring the coordination of scheduled inmate transports (i.e., courts, transfers, medical, etc.).
- Oversees the inmate disciplinary process to ensure compliance with policy, procedure and minimum standards.
- Monitors daily activities to ensure they are in conjunction with established building schedule.
- Conducts routine inspections of all areas of the physical plant (interior/exterior). Reviews daily staffing to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Investigates alleged staff misconduct and submit written report to Facility Director for review.
- Reviews all required security reports (i.e., incidents, disciplinary reports, accidents, inspections, etc.) for accuracy.
- Act as Facility Director in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years of experience in a community based or secure correctional setting or seven (7) years of experience in a community based or secure correctional setting.
- Familiar with community corrections systems and current community corrections practices.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manuals and routine instructions and procedures
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.