The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BOOKING CLERK-12 HR
at The Geo Group
Facility: George W. Hill
Compensation Base: $14.00 hourly
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs clerical tasks involving the processing of detainees into a prison, detention or jail facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains initial personal data from detainees being processed into a facility through personal interviews.
- Enters information and charges into the computer using appropriate format, codes, and abbreviations.
- Complete PREA screener documentation.
- Checks booking reports for accuracy.
- Conducts checks of county, state, federal, and nationwide warrants to ensure that detainees do not have outstanding warrants.
- Responds to inquiries and search files for requested information.
- Creates inmate binders.
- Maintains court orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven clerical experience.
- Working knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and practices.
- Working knowledge of the functions, services, procedures, and regulations concerning detention center intake processing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to work with antagonistic persons or with the public under adverse conditions.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verification of data.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.