The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3V2DS65D1M8SWJ1YSF
Facility: SCI CHESTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Oversee operation of five (AOD) Therapeutic Community units and (1) recovery Unit in the state prison setting. Train new and current staff. Provide clinical supervision to clients/counselors. Provide ongoing counseling to clients and evaluate progress. Ensure program policies and procedures are met. Attend psychiatric review team meeting. Coordinate and facilitate standardized programming.
- This role works on site at the SCI (Secure Correctional Institute) in Chester, PA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns residents to Substance Abuse Supervisor so that each participant receives appropriate program services defined by the contract.
- Conducts on-the-job training to so that they are able to perform their jobs satisfactorily.
- Provides opportunities to residents to discuss matters of personal nature so they receive the support and feedback necessary to make positive behavioral changes.
- Ensures all required participant individual and group programming mandates are in place per contract.
- Leads peer or lower-classified employees through the assignment of work, monitors progress, and reviews results and technical instruction or training.
- Provides input to management for the purpose of reviews, salary actions, promotions, transfers or disciplinary actions; however, this position is not responsible for administering any personnel action. May conduct timely and thorough performance evaluations.
- Reviews resident files with staff to ensure intake paperwork, program plans, weekly meetings and other services are in compliance with the contract.
- Assigns duties to staff in such a way as to ensure that each knows their responsibilities and that they are fully defined.
- Complies with work rules and policies.
- Complies with facility safety rules and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation
- May perform all duties of Substance Abuse Manager.
- May assume duties and role of facility director in his/her absence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in human services or certification in an Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) program.
- Three (3) years related work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Knowledge of current management techniques.
- Familiar with the correctional system and current correctional policies.
- Ability to conduct individual counseling sessions and facilitate small groups, and interface with outside agencies.
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situations.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred, but not mandatory
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!