The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER - COOK
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHESTER RESIDENTIAL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This is a full time position with benefits and PTO.
We work eight (8) hour shifts.
Wages are $13.00 per hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
- Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred.
- Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year prior experience in commercial or restaurant food preparation. Experience obtained military, or institutional setting, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.