The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Monitor II Shift Supervisor
at The Geo Group
Facility: PHILADELPHIA RRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position coordinates the administrative and operational security activities on a specific shift in a residential re-entry center. Effectively leads staff during assigned shift to maintain adequate security coverage.
We are a 24/7 operational facility. Your schedule/shift may vary. Overtime may be requested per facility needs.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Wages are $12.61 per hour plus supplemental health and welfare benefits of $4.18 per hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Reads, understands and complies with specific post orders written for the assigned post.
• Ensure that resident formal counts are conducted.
• Directly leads Monitor staff and residents on the shift in the performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by the facility and corporate policy. This includes training new employees, listening and resolving complaints or problems, taking corrective or disciplinary action, developing work schedules, monitoring post assignments, approving leave requests, and preparing resident work.
• Report any suspected unauthorized activity or absence to the Security Manager or Facility Director.
• Maintain daily logs, phone, resident in/out, visitors in/out, and facility checks.
• Provides for adequate staffing in areas led and fills in as needed during periods of short staffing.
• Participates in the evaluation of security staff.
• Cooperates and coordinates with the facility training requirements for the delivery of required staff training programs; verifies that assigned employees receive required training.
• Monitors safety practices and ensures that safety and accident reports are prepared and disseminated as required by policy. Takes appropriate action in case of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
• Conducts meetings of shift offices, attends scheduled staff meetings and enhances effective communications within the facility.
• Communicates effectively and coherently to staff, inmates, visitor and the general public particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, understanding, fairness, firmness and good judgment. Gives information, instructions and directions.
• Prepares staff logs, disciplinary reports and other administrative reports using appropriate grammar.
• Reviews reports and records produced on the shift; properly processes all reports and documents in a timely manner.
• Conducts inspections of all housing and general use areas to ensure that proper standards, facility operating procedures and corporate guidelines of security, health, safety sanitation and welfare are maintained; direct staff and resident resources to correct problems detected.
• Conducts visual and audio surveillance for extended periods of time including the reliable repetitive identification of residents by visual means.
• Engages in functions in confined areas that include such things as working rotating shifts, extended patrol and physically checking the doors, windows and other areas to verify they are secure.
• Takes appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
• Remains alert at all times and reacts quickly, effectively and calmly in emergency and other high stress situations.
• Completes in-service training to meet the requirement for continued personal and professional self-development. Complies with company policies and work rules as described in the Company Employee Handbook, the Statement of Work, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year as a Monitor I or two (2) years related experience in a similar field. Demonstrated leadership experience is preferred.
• Must hold a current and active Driver’s License.
• Familiar with community correctional operations, corrections laws, rules and regulations and the principle and practices of supervision training.
• Ability to write legible reports in English in own handwriting, using correct grammar.
• Ability to plan motivate, control, schedule, train and react quickly and appropriately to emergencies situations, effectively communicate with residents and staff.
• Ability to work any assigned shift
• Ability to work with computers and the applicable software typically used by the facility.