Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Labor and Delivery Tier 3 Pool, 7pm to 730am
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:41001_10600 Labor and Delivery
Expected Weekly Hours:0.4
Shift:12 Hour Night Shift
Job Description Details:
The primary objective of this position is to provide quality of care. Responsible for the direct and/or indirect care of patients assigned utilizing professional nursing skills and knowledge.
Required: BSN, PA RN License, AHA BLS, NRP, ACLS
- Assesses learning needs, readiness to learn and identify actual or potential barriers to learning and thereby incorporating the patient's education into daily activities based on age, cultural and spiritual values.
- Documents admission assessment / reassessment, plan, interventions and medication use and monitors its effects and outcomes according to policy.
- Utilizes the information management system to enhance communication and documents change in-patients condition to all appropriate individuals. Prioritizes work assignment based on changing situations.
- Communicates transfer of patient responsibility and pertinent information at the bedside and during Interprofressional Rounds
- Recognizes and integrates patient special needs and individualizes care and knowledgeable in abuse recognition and referral
- Includes pain management and supportive care issues in the plan of care.
- Adheres to infection control standards specific to patient care and by promotes and maintains a safe, clean and orderly environment.
- Assumes accountability for managing the delivery of patient care and acts as a patient advocate and uphold patient’s rights.
- Responds effectively in an emergency situation so that the patient’s immediate needs are addressed.
- Consults and refers to other Health Care professionals including ethical concerns to appropriate resources.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.