Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Planning Analyst
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Finance - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Financial Planning Analyst role will report directly to the Integrated Systems Business unit Director of Finance based out of the Berwyn, PA office. Key responsibilities include growing financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends, create recommendations to be presented to management and executives, develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting, reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data and conduct comparable company analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis. This position is a member of the Finance Organization and expected to use Continuous Improvement tools within Finance and other areas of the business to eliminate waste and exceed internal customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
- MBA preferred
- 0-3+ years of business finance or other relevant experience; 3-5 years experience is preferred.
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills