Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Design Engineer
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Engineering - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems – Mechanical Solutions is a premier developer and producer of electromechanical controls and mechanisms for the Aerospace industry. These products include push pull controls, related gearboxes and interfaces; pilot interface controls such as throttle quadrants and control sticks; control levers for landing gear, flap spoiler; electro-mechanical uplocks; latches; hold open rods. Products are used on fixed and rotary wing platforms, commercial and military applications. Supplier to nearly every aviation prime and many major subsystem suppliers worldwide.
Triumph is searching for an experience Project Engineer to support the design, development and manufacture of mechanical controls and pilot interface (flight controls) products (North Wales, PA location).
- Ownership of the engineering process from initial customer and conceptual design through development, qualification testing and product manufacture within a formalized stage gate development process structure.
- Design of the product including modeling, analysis (stress, fatigue, loads), engineering documentation. Presentation of designs at key design review events (PDR, CDR).
- Generating product proposals, presenting proposals to customers and generating cost models to support customer targets.
- Managing project timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 or more years of applicable work experience directly related to the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Proficiency with ProE/CREO
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical design, creativity, conceptual design
- Knowledge of the Aerospace industry or other highly regulated industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project management
- Product development